In addition to its graphical and UI overhaul, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition comes with some new features. Nintendo and Monolith Soft provided details about the Ponspectors, the Time Attack and Events Theatre modes, and a new leveling option, all of which players can check out now.
RPGamer Round-Up: May 24 – May 31
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Bug Fables received a successful PC launch in 2019. With the game now arriving on consoles, Anna Marie Privitere sees if it turns over a new leaf on the Nintendo Switch.
RPGamer is currently looking into providing audio-visual versions of our regular written reviews. A video version of Alex Fuller’s recent Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen review follows our pilot video from earlier in the month.
Being a niche gamer can be a lonely endeavor. Jervon Perkins explores the beauty and frustrations of it and how Phantasy Star Online 2 is challenging his preconceived notions of friendships, personal fulfillment, and moving on.
The home computer has had an interesting roller-coaster ride alongside consoles through the rise of today’s gaming industry. Pascal Tekaia finds that the CRPG Book is an indispensable resource for everyone from hobbyists to historians, covering over 400 games.
Wholesome Games teamed up with a number of indie developers to highlight a bunch of upcoming titles. The Wholesome Direct included some games of interest to RPGamers, including Snacko, Chicory: A Colorful Tale, Spiritfarer, Little Witch in the Woods, Book of Travels, and Garden Story.
Square Enix unveiled a number of projects based on Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai. The spin-off manga series will receive a console action RPG, a mobile title, an arcade card-battler, and a new anime series.
The wait for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition now has a definitive light at the end of its tunnel. Players can get in on the multiplayer co-op RPG starting in late August.
After running for nearly six years, Mistwalker’s Terra Battle is shutting down service in June. The studio is currently working on Apple Arcade title Fantasian.
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition New Features Detailed
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Launches Worldwide
Additional Selected Stories
- System Shock Remake Alpha Demo Out Now
- Square Enix Shows Outriders Gameplay
- The Elder Scrolls Online Gets Greymoor Launch Cinematic, Stadia Release Date
- Depth of Extinction Heads to Consoles
- Frozen Flame Heading to Early Access
- Wasteland 3 Gets Second Dev Diary
- Metal Max Xeno: Reborn Pushed to September in Japan
- Harvest Moon: One World Confirmed for PS4
- Ultimate ADOM Releases Free Alpha Version
- ATOM RPG Releasing on iOS
- SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Expansion Pack Released
- Banner of the Maid’s Expansion Receives New Mission Pack
- Azur Lane: Crosswave Heading to Switch in Japan This September
- The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes’ Black Boar Main Hub Detailed
- Additional Mary Skelter Finale Characters Revealed
- Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen Available Now
- Minecraft Dungeons Out Now
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened Out Now on PC
- Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume Concept Trailer
- Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery Gets Preview Trailer
- More Trailers for the Tales of Crestoria Cast Emerge
- 1971 Project Helios Gets Trailer Ahead of June Release
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (May 28, 2020)
Things are looking grim for the RPG Cast this week: we get thrown out of cars, assassinated for our kingdoms, drowned underwater, and struck out. All of that will make sense once you listen to this week’s podcast.