RPGamer Round-Up: July 28 – August 4
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Editorial Content and Features
#JRPGJuly is now over, and we hope everyone enjoyed playing whatever they chose to celebrate it with. In our final update, we see how all the staff members progressed through their titles of choice.
Joshua Carpenter achieved a rare feat among the RPGamer staff by completing an Agarest game. Record of Agarest War: Mariage was previously a Japan-only PSP title, but made its way west earlier this year thanks to a PC port.
SolSeraph is a recent title clearly inspired by the classic platformer and city-builder ActRaiser. Phil Willis had the chance to check out the game and reported back on whether it has plenty of its own to offer or is simply a cash-in on nostalgia.
- Persona 5 Royal Livestream Provides New Details, Media
- Persona 5 Royal Gets Morgana Trailer, More Screenshots
- Haru Gets Screen Time in New Persona 5 Royal Trailer
Atlus put a good amount of focus on Persona 5 Royal this week. In addition to a couple more character trailers, the company also held its first livestream for the game, which provided plenty of media and details.
The ChinaJoy expo occurred this week in Shanghai. Sony held a pre-event press conference to showcase some upcoming Chinese-developed titles that are coming to PlayStation 4 as part of the PlayStation China Hero Project.
Cosmic horror-turned-hero Cthulhu will be making his return soon. Zeboyd Games has tasked him with rescuing Santa Claus from his kidnappers, the League of Christmas Evil.
Sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds is set to be released for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One this October. Obsidian Entertainment has revealed that the game is also coming to Switch, albeit at a later date.
Developer Spearhead Games has revealed that its newest title, Project Witchstone, will be coming to consoles as well as PC. The living-world sandbox RPG is set to be released in the second quarter of next year.
Atlus and Vanillaware have provided details on the main cast of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. There is also a new batch of screenshots showing multiple parts of the upcoming game.
Additional Selected Stories
- Crystar Gets English Gameplay Trailer
- More Atelier Ryza Details Revealed
- The Good Life Pushed Back to 2020
- Minoria Releasing for PC This Month
- Sunless Skies Gets Honking New Updates
- Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Releasing in September
- XSEED Games Announces Heroland Knowble Edition
- Mutant Year Zero Now Available on Switch, Seed of Evil DLC Released
- Cris Tales Developers Respond to Demo Feedback
- Tower of Time Coming to Consoles in 2020
- Forged of Blood Out Now on Steam
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Adds Boost State, Extra Skills
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor’s Standalone Prophecy Expansion Out on PC
- First Yo-kai Watch Game Coming to Switch in Japan
- Code Vein Developers Talk About Character Designs
- Destiny Connect Shows What to Do When Stuck in Time
- New Trailer for The Surge 2 Gives Tour of Jericho City
- Borderlands 3 Has a Friend in Zane
- Arc of Alchemist Receives Switch Trailer
- Disgaea 4 Complete+ Starts Valvatorez’s Campaign
- Mobile Title Digimon ReArise Coming West This Year
- Disgaea RPG to Resume Service in Japan in November
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (August 1, 2019)
Johnathan and Nathan join Chris for a new episode of the RPGCast. The group discuss what they’ve been playing — mostly Fire Emblem — as well as the week’s RPG news.
This week’s Q&A Quest features debate on the greatest tactical RPGs of all time. There is also talk about convoluted RPG storylines and whether they are intentional or not.