RPGamer Round-Up: April 17 – April 24
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Can Triangle Strategy set a new benchmark for the tactical RPG genre? Ryan Costa’s balancing of the scales of refined gameplay, new mechanics, and breathtaking visuals points to yes.
With the release of Rune Factory 5, Sam Wachter and Matt Masem decided to dive into the history of the series for newcomers and veterans alike. Take a trip down memory lane and see how the series has evolved since 2006.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Brought Forward to July
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Gets Additional Combat Details
Nintendo and Monolith Soft have managed the unusual feat of bringing a release forward. The much-anticipated Xenoblade Chronicles 3’s new July release date comes with a first look at its combat.
The end of July has suddenly gotten very busy for RPGamers. Bandai Namco revealed that tactical RPG Digimon Survive will be launching in that window.
Paradox Interactive announced that the Shadowrun Trilogy will be hitting all current consoles. The collection of Harebrained Schemes’ trio of titles will arrive on the new platforms in June.
Developer straka.studio announced an early May release date for Loot River. Players will be able to sail down the action roguelike on PC and Xbox consoles.
NACON and Spiders released the first gameplay footage for action RPG Steelrising. The companies also revealed that players will become involved in its robotic French revolution in September.
Tower defence and dungeon-crawling action RPG hybrid Dwerve has a release date. Half Human Games’ title will launch at the tail end of next month.
The upcoming Worldslayer expansion for action RPG Outriders received an official reveal. The expansion comes with a new story campaign when it launches in June.
Other Selected Stories
- Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant Announced
- Front Mission: Borderscape Announced
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Coiled Captors DLC Releasing This Week
- Scarlet Nexus Story Demo Released
- Gloomhaven DLC Announced
- Tower of Fantasy Begins Closed Beta, Launching This Year
- Space Punks Hits Open Beta
- Chained Echoes Gets New Trailer, Launch Window
- Beneath Oresa Demo Released
- The Iron Oath Available on Early Access
- Ember Knights Available on Early Access
- Achilles: Legends Untold Coming to Early Access in May
- PM Studios Co-Publishing My Time at Sandrock
- Souldiers Physical Edition Announced
- void* tRrLM2(); //Void Terrarium 2 Gets First Trailer
- Disgaea 6 Complete Gets Hololive Trailer
- tinyBuild Publishing Asterigos: Curse of the Stars, New Gameplay Trailer
- Potionomics Brews Up New Trailer
- Soul Hackers 2 Introduces Milady
- New XEL Screenshots Released
- New Release Round-Up (April 21, 2022)
This week’s episode comes a bit late thanks to terrible hotel wi-fi. Listeners can enjoy some slightly outdated rants.
Josh has a decently sized angry cat burrito. Kelley butters up the wolf in Rune Factory. Chris wonders if people have phones. But we all agree the new trend in game graphics should be soulshading.