RPGamer Round-Up: March 6 – March 13
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Cloudpunk is an interesting take on the future noir setting, as seen through the eyes of a delivery driver. However, Pascal Tekaia finds the game’s various ports are proof positive that not all version are created equally.
A king’s work is never done, even if that king is a former president lost in another world. Michael Baker examines how Roland is able to make this strange new world fit for a prince.
Fighting game spin-off/sequel Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is now available on more platforms. Luis Mauricio reports back on how fans can witness an enjoyable story and brawl using their beloved heroes.
Square Enix announced The DioField Chronicle during the PlayStation State of Play presentation. The game is a fantasy real-time strategy RPG releasing later this year.
It’s been a while, but Square Enix has finally announced a new Valkyrie game. Valkyrie Elysium is an action RPG coming to PC, PS4, and PS5 later this year.
Gotham Knights finally has a launch date. Players will be able to help Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin fight crime in a post-Batman Gotham City this October.
Lost Judgment’s expansion is set to launch at the end of the month. The Kaito Files gives Yagami’s partner some time in the spotlight.
Luminous Productions’ Forspoken has been delayed by some months. The action RPG will now launch in October, while some new media shows some of the abilities Frey has to defend herself in Athia.
The final demo for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin is now available. Players will be able to transfer save data to the full game when it launches next week.
It’s been a while since an update on Pillars of Eternity II’s Switch version, and it seems that’s for good reason. The planned release of the game on the system has reportedly been cancelled.
Other Selected Stories
- Dungeons & Dragons Gold Box Collections Heading to Steam
- Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure Announced
- Disgaea 6 Complete Arriving in June
- Dolmen Releasing in May
- Royal Frontier Launching Next Week
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Season Pass Detailed
- King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Full Release Pushed to April
- Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights Physical Release Announced
- Chrono Trigger PC, Mobile Update Released
- Merge Games to Publish Farming Sim SunnySide
- Lost Ark March Content Update Revealed
- Battle Brothers Free Of Flesh and Faith DLC Released
- Curious Expedition 2 Reaches PS4, Xbox One Next Week
- Sin Chronicle Hitting Japan This Month
- Soul Hackers 2 Gets English Screenshots
- Prinny Presents NIS Classics Vol. 2 Puts Spotlight on Z.H.P.
- WitchSpring R Gets New Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (March 10, 2022)
Chris develops a Yakuza game with all Pokémon. Josh is surprised by microtransactions. And Kelley gets surprised by a secret mobile game.
The week’s Q&A Quests feature plenty of discussion about Elden Ring. There is also chat about Triangle Strategy and the second season of Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier.