RPGamer Round-Up: January 30 – February 6
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Video games made their mark in helping many through another trying year, with the RPG genre providing many excellent offerings. After taking our usual month to fully digest the past year’s releases, RPGamer is proud to present our Best of 2021 awards.
RPGamer was able to get a look at Tango Gameworks’ upcoming action adventure title Ghostwire: Tokyo. The game looks to offer an eye-catching and eerie experience when it launches on PC and PS5 in March.
Voice of Cards is returning quicker than many expected. Square Enix announced a second entry in the card-based RPG series will launch in just a couple of weeks.
Another studio acquisition has been announced. Sony is acquiring Destiny developer Bungie, though the studio states this will not change the platforms for its current and upcoming releases.
Like a literal shadow drop, retro RPG Shadow Madness is being brought to a modern platform. The game will be heading on PC via Steam later this month.
Black Book is getting some DLC this month. Endless Battles focuses on the game’s card-based combat and tasks Vasilisa with defeating Satan in just three days.
ArenaNet announced that Guild Wars 2’s third major expansion will release at the end of February. The company also released a new trailer highlighting End of Dragons’ main features.
Developer Lucky’s Cat has begun a Kickstarter campaign for The Silent Kingdom. The game is a dark otome RPG in development for PC.
Other Selected Stories
- Puzzle Quest 3 Releasing in March
- Sword of Legends Online 2.0 Expansion, Move to Free-to-Play Announced
- Triangle Strategy Introduces Benedict Pascal
- Dreamscaper Hits Xbox Consoles
- Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars Releasing on Switch in April
- Mobile RPG Heaven Burns Red Hits Japan Next Week
- Chernobylite PS5, Xbox Series X|S Versions Set for April
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Shows Final Two Classes
- The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante Hitting Consoles Next Week
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Gets Concerted February Updates
- Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi Hitting Europe in February
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Teases Legacy of the Sith
- Elden Ring Gameplay Footage Explores Castle Mourne
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen’s New Equipment Highlighted
- Edge of Eternity Receives Console Gameplay Showcase
- Horizon Forbidden West Gets Challenging
- New Release Round-Up (February 3, 2022)
It’s a double dose of Tales as we talk about Tales of Symphonia and its sequel, Dawn of the New World. Get the ex-spheres ready because Robert Albright and Cassandra Ramos join in for the fun.
Chris has a normal amount of coffee on his shirt. Kelley conks her cat on the head with a controller. And Josh thinks Maglam Lord is a contraceptive device.