RPGamer Round-Up: December 5 – December 12
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars represents the softer side of Yoko Taro & Co. Pascal Tekaia finds that even though its latter half suffers from a too-simple execution, it has some great ideas to grow upon.
Ever wanted to date your weapons? Sam Wachter hacks n’ slashes her way across Verona Beach, and gets some smooches along the way.
The Monster Rancher series returns with the release of Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX. Paul Shkreli reports that addictive gameplay and a host of quality-of-life improvements make this an easy option for any eager breeder.
Final Fantasy VII Remake is heading to a new platform. The game’s Intergrade release will be hitting the Epic Games Store next week.
Luminous Productions’ Forspoken will be arriving on PC and PS5 in May. A new trailer and screenshots introduce new character Tanta Prav, portrayed by Pollyanna McIntosh.
Square Enix and PlatinumGames’ Babylon’s Fall has a release date. Players will be able to load up their Gideon Coffins with weapons in March.
Annapurna Interactive and Outerloop Games announced Thirsty Suitors. The game tasks players with helping Jala confront her exes, with some skateboarding and action-packed cooking thrown in.
DANGEN Entertainment is localising another title in the Vestaria Saga strategy RPG series. Vestaria Saga Gaiden: The Sacred Sword of Silvanister will release in English next year.
Although not an RPG, Atlus’ latest announcement is closely linked to a pair of popular ones. Fighting game sequel/spin-off Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is heading to new platforms in March.
Mobile title Tales of Crestoria is shutting down. The game will end service in February, with Bandai Namco considering other mediums to continue the story of Kanata and his companions.
Other Selected Stories
- Lost Ark Launching in February
- Escape the Mad Empire Announced
- Edge of Eternity Console Release Dates Announced
- Metal Dogs Arriving on Consoles in April
- Arcadia Fallen Switch Release Date Set
- Fantasy Life Online Releasing Internationally This Week
- Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Switch Release Delayed
- Godshard Chronicles Planned for 2023, Kickstarter Campaign Coming Soon
- New Titan Quest Expansion Released
- Everspace 2 2022 Development Roadmap Revealed
- Terra Ventura Heading to Steam Early Access in 2022
- The Hand of Merlin Gets Final Early Access Update
- Shikabanegurai no Boukenmeshi Details Customisation, Other Gameplay Elements
- The Last Oricru Stress Test Demo Available
- Nobody Saves the World Demo Available
- Loot River Demo Released
- Monark Trailer Shows Combat
- Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Receives New Trailer
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Given New Trailer
- Steelrising Introduces the Angel of Death
- Egglia Rebirth English Trailer Released
- Wolfstride Out Now
- Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX Out Now
- Legend of Mana Released on iOS, Android
- New Release Round-Up (December 9, 2021)
This game started as a mystery with the working title “X” when it was first announced. Then it became a hidden gem on the Nintendo system that never found its footing. Guests Ryan McCarthy and Micheal Apps both wonder if Nopons taste like potatoes while we talk about Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Robert tells us who the baby daddy is. Kelley plays Dark Souls Tetris. Chris designs a very special bidet. And you get to breed with a ditto. Have fun!