RPGamer Round-Up: October 31 – November 7
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Gamedec offers a richly imagined sci-fi world to become familiar with. However, Pascal Tekaia finds that an intriguing premise of investigating crime in virtual space struggles under the pressure of overwhelming player freedom.
Anna Marie is back with her tenth Backloggin’ report. Wait, still no backlog busting was to be had? Shame, shame, shame.
During its latest Letter from the Producer Live presentation, Square Enix announced a brief delay for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. The presentation also included the reveal of the expansion’s launch trailer and more details of its content.
Bandai Namco and FromSoftware provided nineteen minutes of narrated gameplay for Elden Ring showing many aspects of the action RPG. The companies also unveiled a pair of Collector’s Editions.
NIS America revealed a date and trailer for The Cruel King and the Great Hero. RPGamers can get a look at Yuu as she goes about her adventures, but never too far from her dragon guardian.
Circle Entertainment revealed a western release date for the latest title in Rideon’s tactical RPG series. Mercenaries Rebirth will arrive on Switch next week.
Sega unveiled Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis’s major Sandstorm Requiem update. The update will launch next month, bringing with it the next chapter of the game’s story.
The first major DLC for 2020’s Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris is now available. Blooming of Forget-me-not sees Kirito and Eugeo set out to make a new ultimate sword.
Galdra Studios’ Arcadia Fallen is making its debut on Steam in a couple of weeks. The visual novel RPG will also launch for Switch later this year.
Square Enix provided new details about Dragon Quest X’s upcoming offline version. The update provides details on the player character, combat, and party members.
Other Selected Stories
- Rune Factory 4 Special Hitting New Platforms Next Month
- Haunted Chocolatier’s Combat Detailed in New Dev Blog
- Gimle: Archlikvake Saga Announced
- Yaga’s Roots of Evil DLC Out Now on PC
- Digimon Survive Confirmed Delayed to 2022
- Pixel Heroes: Mega Byte & Magic Launching on Switch This Week
- Sword of the Necromancer Next-Gen Versions Released
- SpellForce III Console Versions Delayed
- Ragnarok Origin Releasing Next Week
- Skyrim Anniversary Edition Trailer Highlights Creation Club Content
- Star Ocean: The Divine Force Environments Showcased
- Shin Megami Tensei V Gets DLC Images
- RPGolf Legends Gets New English Trailer
- Tunche Out Now
- Tales of Luminaria Out Now
- New Release Round-Up (November 4, 2021)
- Episode 231: Knocking Super Down a Peg – Q&A Quest
- Episode 232: The Spire – Q&A Quest
- Episode 233: Guardians of the Questions – Q&A Quest
Q&A Quest gets a triple header to record the recording backlog. Topics discussed include Metroidvanias, boss battle design, Slay the Spire, Returnal, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi.
It’s an island getaway this week on RPG Backtrack, as we take a trip to Alola and catch some Pokémon. Cassandra, Robert, and Wheels take the island challenge as well. Now if only that stupid Cosmog would stay in the bag.
Chris dies a lot. Then some more. Then Kelley explains how Digimon are vegan. Then Sam explains how books work (with a lot of cursing). Then Josh explains how birthmarks work. Then Anna Marie explains how cosplaying works. Then Chris gets dunked on some more by a boss. Then the show ends.