RPGamer Round-Up: August 6 – August 13
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Musical RPGs are an unexpected flavour of 2023, and Summerfall Studios wants players to rock out to Stray Gods. Sam Wachter finds that while its execution has some flaws, the game is a memorable experience with loveable characters and catchy songs to boot.
Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salsburg revisits the classic game that spawned the popular Atelier series, in English for the first time. Paul Shkreli reports that series veterans and newcomers alike can find something to appreciate in this charming refresh.
The Pokémon Company held a new Pokémon Presents presentation. It revealed a release date and more details for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s DLC, while Detective Pikachu returns with new media, two more titles come to Nintendo Switch Online, and more.
Square Enix revealed that Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis is releasing in just under a month. The mobile title offers retellings of the Compilation of Final Fantasy content, alongside some extras.
2006 action RPG Titan Quest is finally getting a follow up. THQ Nordic unveiled Titan Quest II, which takes players back into its world inspired by Greek mythology.
Although planned to release during the week, WrestleQuest is holding its entry into the ring back for little time. Mega Cat Studios and Skybound Entertainment stated the delay is to fix an issue uncovered during some final checks
Koei Tecmo unveiled a brand new Atelier title. Atelier Resleriana is being produced with Akatsuki Games and planned to release on PC and mobile in Japan later this year.
Deathbound is another upcoming Soulslike action RPG planned to launch next year. The game is set in a world that mixes a technological past with a medieval present.
Other News and Trailers
- Passageway of the Ancients Releasing Early Next Year
- Genshin Impact Version 4.0 Releasing Next Week
- Dokapon Kingdom: Connect Heading to Steam in September
- Untamed Tactics Releasing This Month
- New Dragon Quest X Online Expansion Revealed
- Vampiric Visual Novel RPG Cabernet Releasing Next Year
- Like a Dragon Gaiden Details Akame’s Story Role, More Characters Introduced
- River City: Rival Showdown Releases Adding New Scenario
- RPG Time: The Legend of Wright Hosts Monster Party in New Update
- SunnySide Trailer Introduces the Neighbors
- Fate/Samurai Remnant Opening Movie Released
- Persona 5 Tactica Update Gets English Screenshots
- New Release Round-Up (August 10, 2023)
Nintendo gave us a surprise in 2019 when it announced Bravely Default II for the Switch. Now Cassandra and Robert don their Asterisks to join the hosts and talk about the nostalgia-inspired RPG series.
Kelley plays Atelier Rhianna. Chris puts his D&D characters into wrestling matches. Phil practices creepy gnome-cromancy. Someone fetch my Diablo IV procrastination bucket.