Shin Megami Tensei V Gets DLC Images
Atlus released new screenshots and artwork showcasing the recently-revealed DLC for Shin Megami Tensei V. All of the DLC releases on the same date as the game with the following content available to purchase separately or included as part of the game’s $84.99 Digital Deluxe Edition:
- Return of the True Demon ($9.99) — A questline where players take on the legendary nine Fiends, including the Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne’s protagonist), and unlock new fusable demons.
- A Goddess in Training ($2.99) — A quest where the goddess Artemis seeks a training partner. Completing the quest unlocks Artemis as a fusable demon.
- The Rage of a Queen ($2.99) — A quest where Cleopatra is banished from the Bethel Egypt branch. Completing the quest unlocks Cleopatra as a fusable demon.
- The Doctor’s Last Wish ($2.99) — A Bethel reasearcher goes missing, with the protagonist tracking them down and coming across Mephisto. Completing the quest unlocks Mephisto as a fusable demon.
- Mitama Dance of Wealth ($2.99) — Causes Saki Mitama, a demon that drops expensive items, to appear at an increased rate.
- Mitama Dance of EXP ($2.99) — Causes Ara Mitama and Kushi Mitama, demons that drop experience-granting items, to appear at an increased rate.
- Mitama Dance of Miracles ($2.99) — Causes Nigi Mitama, a demon that drops Glory, to appear at an increased rate.
- Safety Difficulty (Free) — Adds a new less challenging difficulty mode.
- Japanese Voices (Free) — Adds Japanese voices to the game.
Atlus also revealed two second playthrough options for the game. Newborn mode only carries over players’ Demon Compendium and enemy analysis data, while Reborn mode carries over the protagonist’s level, skills, demons, Macca, and items.
Shin Megami Tensei V is the fifth mainline title in the series, which has branched into numerous spin-offs including Persona. The game will release exclusively for Nintendo Switch in Japan on November 11, 2021, and in North America and Europe on November 12, 2021.