RPGamer Round-Up: May 30 – June 6
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
It’s been over a decade, but western gamers have finally been given a chance to play the Replicant incarnation of NieR. Pascal Tekaia finds that this remaster features enough new content to make an already good game even better.
Aluna: Sentinel of the Shards aims to further showcase the exploits of its interesting title character. Ryan Costa sees if the game successfully transitions the series from comic book to hack-and-slash RPG.
Ludomotion’s Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is now available on Early Access through the Epic Games Store. Alex Fuller spent a few hours with the game to see what it brings to the table.
The King’s Bounty series returns this August with King’s Bounty II. Alex Fuller was able to learn more about the title from 1C Entertainment’s CEO Nikolay Baryshnikov and brand manager Iliya Svanidze.
Imagine one of the most beloved 16-bit era RPGs remade with one of the most bedazzling game styles today. Jason McFadden argues that it would be dancing madness if Final Fantasy VI Remake didn’t become a reality soon.
The fifth Backloggin’ report from Anna Marie. Was progress made on her backlog? Despite a handful of hiccups, yes!
New development studio Singularity 6 has announced its debut title. Palia is an online life simulation title planned to enter pre-alpha this summer, with sign-ups available now.
Bandai Namco released some new media and details for Tales of Arise. The update highlights the known playable characters’ Mystic Arts and features some new story events and details.
Ahead of Scarlet Nexus’ launch this month, Bandai Namco provided a new trailer for the game. The eight-minute video gives viewers an explanation of the game’s setting and story premise.
Frontier Foundry revealed a new tactical RPG set in the Warhammer 40K universe. Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters is planned for release on PC next year.
BitNine Studio and Crunching Koalas have officially announced Terrorbane. The title features plenty of fourth-wall breaking as the hero works with the developer on their video game.
iii: Revolving Wonderland is a world-changing RPG built by a solo developer. The game is being developed for PC, with WSS Playground acting as publisher.
Other Selected Stories
- VR Action RPG Ruins Magus Announced
- Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy Announced
- Spirit of the Island Announced
- VR RPG’s The Knight of Nephiart Unveiled
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Launching Next Week
- Playism to Distribute The Good Life This Fall
- Dragon Star Varnir Gets Western Switch Release
- Griftlands Fully Launching This Week
- Empire of Angels IV Release Date Set
- Genshin Impact Epic Games Store, Version 1.6 Release Coming Next Week
- Spiritfarer Physical Release Announced
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Ascends to Epic Games Store
- Nihon Falcom Releases The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Trailer
- The Wicked King and the Noble Hero Animated Concept Trailer Released
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister Trailer Highlights Its Dungeon Maker
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Expansion Launches
- New Release Round-Up (June 3, 2021)
This week in Q&A Quest, we talk about the Nintendo Switch port of Maneater. We also discuss the recent Metal Max news.
What do you get when you take a cast of 25 characters from Persona, throw them into Etrian Odyssey, then add a dash of movie magic and a pinch of depressing social commentary? You get Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth.
It’s the Old People Cast! Chris has issues with podcasts. Kelley asks if the gelatinous cube was worth it (it wasn’t). Pascal is buried under a giant pile of visual novels. Anna Marie comes down with typhoid. And Robert insists there’s always room for more zippers.