RPGamer Round-Up: August 30 – September 6
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Othercide is a tactical RPG with a black, white, and red visual motif. Zack Webster finds that though there is a strong battle system, the rest of the game makes for a repetitive experience.
Shai Matheson is the voice actor for Sylvando of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Elmon Dean Todd gets an exclusive interview about his role in the game, the details of the audition, and more.
Grinding Gear Games has announced the latest expansion and Challenge League for its free-to-play action RPG Path of Exile. The newest expansion is titled Heist, and Grinding Gear Games’ Chris Wilson was kind enough to give RPGamer a preview of what it includes.
The Witcher 3 is getting an upgraded version for the next generation. The new version has not been dated, but those who already own the game on PS4, Xbox One, or PC will be able to upgrade for free.
Developer Rideon has announced a new title in the Mercenaries tactical RPG series. Mercenaries Blaze will launch in Japan this fall.
Edge of Eternity finally has a full launch window. The full game is slated to launch for PC, PS4, and Xbox One in spring.
8-Bit Adventures 2 is a callback to classic RPGs from the Golden Era. Rich pixel art and vibrant music await RPGamers when the game comes out for PC later in 2020.
Fatbot Games’ prequel to Vaporum has its first release date. Vaporum: Lockdown will come to PC in a couple of weeks, with more platforms on the way.
Headup has announced Tinkertown, a multiplayer sandbox RPG that can be played with up to three friends. The game is slated for release this fall.
Additional Selected Stories
- Cloudpunk Releasing for Consoles in October
- Ys Origin Heading to Switch in October
- Othercide Launching on Switch Next Week
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Coming to Consoles This Month
- Gamedec Switch Version Announced
- The Falconeer Closed Beta Announced
- Rune II Campaign Update Launching Next Week
- ATOM RPG Materializing on Switch Soon
- Kickstarter Check-In: Dwerve
- AeternoBlade II: Director’s Rewind Announced, AeternoBlade Heading to PC
- Haven Adds Xbox Series X Version, New Gameplay Footage
- The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Gameplay Shown
- Gamescom Trailer Shows Unexplored 2 Gameplay with Developer Commentary
- Azur Lane: Crosswave DLC Launching in October
- Tenderfoot Tactics Launches in October
- Genshin Impact Heading to PS4 in September
- Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms Gets New Trailer; PS4, Switch Versions
- Vampire’s Fall: Origins Heading to Switch, Xbox in September
- Regions of Ruin Physical Release Available to Order from Limited Run Games
- Akupara Games to Publish Clover Bite’s Grime
- Mary Skelter Finale Pushed to November in Japan
- Japanese Monster Rancher 2 Remaster Launching in September
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars Introduces the Gangs of the Underhive
- The Waylanders Gives First Look at Medieval Era
- New Werewolf Trailer Sheds Light on Protagonist Cahal
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Trailer Shows Might Class in Action
- Morbid: The Seven Acolytes Gets Physical Releases for Switch, PS4
- Doraemon Story of Seasons Now Available on PS4
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster Trailer Unleashes Demons
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (September 3, 2020)
This week in Q&A Quest the hosts talk more about Metal Max. There is also discussion on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered.
Jonathan Stringer joins this week and helps Major Tomcat recruit Kelley and Chris for a PC RPG. However, Chris will likely just hack the planet instead, while Kelley will tend to her cat’s bad habits.