RPGamer Round-Up: May 5 – May 12
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s newest column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders for some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Joe Hanley returns from the Deadfire Archipelago with a review for Pillars of Eternity II. The game released for PC last year and recently received a new turn-based mode, with console releases coming later this year.
Sony posted a new PlayStation State of Play presentation this week showing some upcoming titles. One of the highlights was a new trailer for Final Fantasy VII’s upcoming multi-part remake.
Also shown during the State of Play video was Monster Hunter: World’s Iceborne expansion, which received a September release date. Capcom elaborated on it and provided some other news in a subsequent Spring Update broadcast.
Nearly a year after announcing a delay, Bandai Namco appears ready to show off action RPG Code Vein once more. The game will be receiving an open network test this month, with some new gameplay footage now available to watch.
Atlus posted the first in a new series of “Morgana Reports” videos showing off some of the new content in Persona 5 Royal. With Katsura Hashino currently busy on Project Re Fantasy, there is also news on who is filling the producer and director roles for Royal.
Famitsu recently interviewed the senior staff for the upcoming revival of the Sakura Wars series. The interview offers some extra tidbits about the game ahead of its planned launch later this year in Japan.
Additional Selected Stories
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Final DLC, Royal Edition Dated
- Mary Skelter 2 Coming West on Switch
- NeocoreGames Announces Standalone Expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr
- The Brujah Come to Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
- The Blood Calls to the Tremere in Bloodlines 2
- Blue-Winged Chevalier Gets New Images, Revealed as Remake of Students of Round
- Swords of Gargantua Receives Open Beta This Month
- Dragon Star Varnir Website Update Details Elixirs, Gifts, Insanity
- Arc of Alchemist to Release in Winter, Digital-Only in North America
- Swag and Sorcery Releasing on PC This Week
- Lovecraft’s Untold Stories Coming to Consoles This Week
- Kemco Provides Some New Releases
- Immortal: Unchained Storm Breaker Expansion Released
- Coven and Labyrinth of Galleria Delayed in Japan
- Vagrus Begins Open Access Fig Campaign
- Kickstarter Check-In: Scrap Arms, Knights of Frontier Valley
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (May 9, 2019)
RPG Backtrack returns with a new episode looking at a couple of more recent The Legend of Zelda games: the 3DS’s A Link Between Worlds and Switch’s Breath of the Wild.
There’s a double-dose of Q&A Quest this week. The first episode features talk on Persona 5 Scramble and super-bosses, while the second talks about Borderlands 3 and Final Fantasy XII‘s Switch port.