RPGamer Round-Up: April 16 – April 23
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
With the recent releases of The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure, western RPGamers are finally able to experience the full story of Crossbell. Alex Fuller examines how Nihon Falcom utilises the city state’s challenges to make it one the standout RPG settings.
Keen to help a hero get out of an infinite loop? Sam Wachter joins Lillet Blan as she attempts to save everyone from magic gone wrong in the remaster of the 2007 RTS-RPG GrimGrimoire.
A new Video Round-Up gives a quick look through our latest YouTube content. Our latest video reviews showcase Chained Echoes, The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure, Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, 8-Bit Adventures 2, Persona 4 Golden, and Mato Anomalies.
The expansion story for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will be launching very soon. Future Redeemed takes place before the events of the main game and features some important returning names.
Nihon Falcom provided new details and screenshots for Ys X: Nordics. The update introduces a quartet of characters as well as new Mana Actions.
Shadows Over Loathing is spreading onto consoles. The game is available digitally on Switch now, with a PlayStation release and physical editions to follow.
Publisher Freedom Games had plenty of announcements to make. In addition to revealing cozy mystery RPG Everholm, the company also announced May releases for numerous other titles.
Circle Entertainment and Rideon confirmed that the latest Mercenaries title is heading west. The game will launch for Switch later this month.
Capcom unveiled Free Title Update 5 for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. The update adds two new monsters, plus additional investigations and quests.
Xuan-Yuan Sword III is getting a remaster for both PC and Nintendo Switch. Xuan-Yuan Sword: Mists Beyond the Mountains is planned to release this year, with its Steam page promising an English release.
RPGamer has been given the opportunity to give away five North American PS4 codes and five Xbox One codes for simulation survival RPG Medieval Dynasty. Entries are open for the PS4 codes until the end of today (Sunday), the Xbox One codes until Tuesday.
- Blade Prince Academy Coming to Steam, Kickstarter
- Capcom, Niantic Announce Monster Hunter Now
- Ash of Gods: The Way Also Launching on Switch
- ANNO: Mutantionem Update Adds Mysterious Game Console
- Dragon Quest X Offline First Expansion Launching in Japan Next Month
- 404 Game Re:Set Hitting Japan, Asia Next Week
- Cross Tails Releasing in Asia in July
- Mistrogue: Mist and the Living Dungeons Steam Early Access Date Announced
- New Pokémon Scarlet and Violet DLC Pokémon Teased
Other Trailers and Screenshots
- Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Atelier Marie Remake Gets New Screenshots, Digital Pre-Orders Open
- Wuthering Waves Gets Pre-Beta Trailers
- Dokapon Kingdom: Connect Trailer Offers Scheming Introduction
- Remnant II Details the Handler
- New Release Round-Up (April 20, 2023)
Firaxis Games released XCOM: Enemy Unknown in 2012, giving new fans a taste of the alien-bashing fun from the original XCOM: UFO Defense. This week on RPG Backtrack, guests Pascal, Ryan C., and Josh help provide our own take on the series’ revival.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the final trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. We also discuss the Legend of Heroes series some more.
Chris is a bojo cause he forgot the boards don’t work on water unless you’ve got POWER. Meanwhile, Kelley is entertained by legally distinct Michael Jackson, and Robert can’t stop talking about the HD spit shine.