RPGamer Round-Up: February 20 – February 27
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Pokémon games haven’t changed their formula much in the last twenty five years, relying on side games for experimentation. Anna Marie Privitere reports that Arceus breathes a new life into the franchise and shows how reinventing key gameplay aspects can revolutionize the Pokémon experience.
Monark launches with shades of Shin Megami Tensei behind it. Luis Mauricio finds a great battle system and solid art have the making of a gem, but a slow and repetitive second half indicates plenty of room for refinement.
Maglam Lord puts players in the role of a Demon Lord having to find their place in a new world. Alex Fuller notes that while the game’s story and cast are sufficiently entertaining, lacklustre gameplay brings down the experience.
America is no longer united, and two factions fight for states’ loyalties while Canada steals Montana. Anna Marie Privitere learns that if you’re up for the job of guarding a variety of doors from ne’er do wells, you just check your BouncR app for the next available job opening in Not Tonight 2.
Atlus unveiled a brand new entry in Shin Megami Tensei’s Devil Summoner spin-off series. Soul Hackers 2 will get a worldwide release this August.
Nippon Ichi Software announced a follow-up to roguelike void tRrLM(); //Void Terrarium. The sequel will see players continuing to look after Toriko.
NieR: Automata celebrated its fifth anniversary this week. As part of the celebrations, Square Enix announced that an animated series is in production.
Kadokawa Games’ strategy RPG Relayer has a demo available worldwide. The full game will be releasing worldwide in a month’s time.
Ratalaika Games and Infamous Quests are bringing Quest for Infamy to consoles. The adventure RPG, inspired by classic Sierra Entertainment titles, launches on the new platforms next week.
Other Selected Stories
- Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent Receives Closed Beta
- Kickstarter Check-In: Pry Into the Void
- Roguebook Releases on Consoles
- Crimson Tactics: The Rise of the White Banner Planned to Release This Year
- Fallout 76 2022 Roadmap Revealed
- The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails Gets Japanese Switch Date
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Dev Diary Details Its Pillars
- Elden Ring Gets Pre-Launch Overview Trailer
- The Last Oricru Gets New Videos, Limited-Time Demo
- Atelier Sophie 2 Receives Theme Song Trailer
- ELEX II Gets Explanation Trailer
- Babylon’s Fall Gets Combat 101 Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (February 24, 2022)