RPGamer Round-Up: September 12 – September 19
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Compile Heart’s Dragon Star Varnir has made its way to Nintendo Switch. Ryan Costa finds the game has an interesting combat system yet tells an unbalanced tale.
Square Enix held a Letter from the Producer Live presentation for the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker expansion. The lengthy presentation included some in-depth details on the changes coming to the game’s jobs.
The second chapter of Deltarune has arrived. Like the first chapter, developer Tobyfox has decided to offer it to players for free.
Taiwan-based developer Acme Gamestudio announced action RPG Asterigos. Players will be able to join Hilda on her exploration of the cursed city of Aphes next year.
Mistwalker released a new major update for Fantasian. The update adds a new story challenge called the Void Realm as well as a New Game+ mode.
Koei Tecmo provided some more media and info for Gust’s Blue Reflection: Second Light. The publisher provided new gameplay footage and screenshots, and introduced characters Uta Komagawa and Kirara Kuno.
Developer Paper Castle is bringing its latest project to Kickstarter. Wander Stars is a turn-based RPG inspired by classic anime, where players use words to build their attacks.
Other Selected Stories
- Darkest Dungeon II Gets Early Access Date
- Arisen: Chronicles of Var’Nagal Hitting Early Access Next Week
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife Release Date, Physical Release Announced
- Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery Pushed to 2022
- The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Opening Movie Released
- Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown Released on Steam
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer Highlights Story
- Arboria Fully Released
- Xuan Yuan Sword VII Console Trailer Shows Combat
- Monark Receives New Trailers
- The Amazing American Circus Arrives on PC, Consoles
- Eastward Out Now
- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town Available on PC
- Astria Ascending Gets Animated Trailer
- Tails of Iron Launches
- Gamedec Onboards Players Ahead of Release
- Gamedec Out Now on PC
- New Release Round-Up (September 16, 2021)
There’s a double dose of Q&A Quest this week. In addition to answering questions, we discuss The Binding of Isaac as well as The Outer Worlds, Tales of Arise, and some RPG news.
Josh and Scotty get into a father-son slap fight. Kelley ascends to divinity playing Picross. Johnathan sees how much his Z.H.P. is worth and has to go make a transaction in a back alley. And Chris tries to justify life without a back button.