RPGamer Round-Up: July 11 – July 18
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
The first week of #JRPGJuly is in the books. Let’s see how things are starting out for the RPGamer staff with their chosen games.
King’s Bounty II launches next month, combining the series’ traditional strategic combat with third-person open-world exploration. RPGamer was able to spend some time with the game’s opening portions.
RPGamer was given the opportunity to learn more about Jagex and Flying Wild Hog’s Space Punks. The online co-op action RPG comes to Early Access via the Epic Games Store next week.
The Cruel King and the Great Hero is heading west. RPGamers in North America and Europe will be able to follow the exploits of Yuu and her dragon foster parent early next year.
The latest game in the Super Robot Wars series is launching this October, including a worldwide PC release. The popular super robot strategy RPG series celebrates its 30th anniversary with a new title and plenty of mechs to excite its fans.
Grinding Gear Games announced its latest expansion to Path of Exile. Expedition will be joined by some major rebalancing adjustments, as well as the return of Path of Exile: Royale.
Persona celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. Atlus has plenty of projects for the series lined up, with the first set to be revealed in September.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Benchmark, Trailer Released; Brief Final Fantasy XVI Development Update
Square Enix has released the benchmark for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, as well as a new trailer. In addition, producer Naoki Yoshida provided a brief update on Final Fantasy XVI’s development.
Sega released an interview with Lost Judgment director Toshihiro Nagoshi and actor Takuya Kimura where they share new details about the game. This includes new insights on the game’s setting, combat, and mini-games.
Other Selected Stories
- Dusk Diver 2 Announced
- Genshin Impact Version 2.0 Expansion Announced
- Bravely Default: Brilliant Lights Announced
- The Caligula Effect 2 Releasing in October
- Original Nexomon Heading to Consoles
- Crown Trick Hitting PS4, Xbox One in August
- Cthulhu Saves Christmas Out on PS5
- Fuga: Melodies of Steel Shows Link Events, Hero Mode
- Ender Lilies Launching on PS4 Next Week
- Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition Launching in October
- Swords & Souls: Neverseen Hitting Switch in August
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened Releasing on Switch in August
- The Amazing American Circus Pushed to September
- Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Final Update Released
- Yo-kai Watch 1 Released on Mobile in Japan
- Cardaclysm: Shards of the Four Coming to Consoles
- XCOM 2 Android Version Released
- Reverie Knights Tactics Prologue Released
- Shin Megami Tensei V Story Trailer Released
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Launching Tomorrow
- Tales of Arise Law Character Trailer Released
- Chernobylite Introduces Igor
- Highrisers Released on Steam
- New Release Round-Up (July 15, 2021)
This week in Q&A Quest, we battle against technology itself to successfully record the episode. We also discuss Ys IX: Monstrum Nox on Nintendo Switch.
Chris snuggles his Teddy body pillow. Kelley signs up for rare Pokémon. Josh sacrifices children (what?!). Meanwhile Anna Marie is off celebrating her birthday by spreading the hork.