Microsoft’s list of owned development studios has expanded even more. The company has spent $7.5 billion to acquire Bethesda Softworks’ parent company ZeniMax Media.
RPGamer Round-Up: September 20 – September 27
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is an updated version of the GameCube action RPG offering new ways for owners to play together. William Brownfield went hands-on with the game to see how well it translates to the modern generation.
Zenox has come to town to find his long-lost father, but instead gets embroiled in a plot around the Bra of Darkness and the Panties of Light. Surrounded by monster girls, Anna Marie Privitere sees if the luckiest pervert can find everything he’s looking for.
RPGamer’s latest video review covers Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. The game brings both unique combat and storytelling to the table in one of this year’s more standout RPGs.
Gamedec is the latest title to follow the footsteps of other recent successful RPG/adventure hybrids. The PAX Online demo shows some glimpses of the world, and teases the beginning of an investigation.
No Place for Bravery is a top-down action RPG following grizzled warrior Thorn on his search for his daughter Leaf. During PAX Online, RPGamer got to check out a demo and chat to developer Glitch Factory and publisher Ysbryd Games about the upcoming title.
Square Enix’s NieR-focused TGS presentation was exactly what it suggested. Included in the decent amount of info were a release date and special edition for the NieR Replicant remaster, plus a look at NieR Re[in]carnation.
During the PlayStation 5 showcase, Warner Bros. revealed a new Harry Potter game. Hogwarts Legacy is an open-world RPG set in the wizarding school during the 1800s.
NIS America and YummyYummyTummy’s Fallen Legion Revenants will be arriving early next year. Meanwhile, a new gameplay trailer focuses on the game’s combat.
The latest Community Update for Baldur’s Gate III focuses on romance and relationships. Meanwhile, the game’s Early Access launch has been pushed back a week.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter Check-In feature returns for a look at an ongoing crowdfunding campaign. Maratus’ Arisen is a card-based story-driven title that makes heavy use of emotions.
Additional Selected Stories
- Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse Is New Version of First Game, Hitting Japan in December
- Kitaria Fables Announced
- Potion Permit Announced for PC, Consoles
- Top-Down RPG Ocean’s Heart Announced
- Kemco Announces RPGolf Legends
- Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia Heading to PS4
- Undead Darlings Releasing at the End of September
- Bless Unleashed Launching for PS4 in October
- Citizens Unite! Earth x Space Compilation Coming to PS4 and Switch
- Crown Trick Launching in October
- Against the Moon Launches on Steam This Week
- Azur Lane: Crosswave Setting International Course for Switch
- Orangeblood Coming to Consoles
- Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Academy Y PS4 Version, Switch Update Dated in Japan
- Monster Hunter Rise Gets TGS Trailer, Gameplay
- Keylocker Trailer Shows Classes
- Scarlet Nexus Theme Song Revealed
- Mary Skelter Finale Trailer Shows Many Characters
- Level-5 Shows New Megaton Musashi Footage
- Dragon Quest XI S Gets TGS Trailer
- Dokapon UP! Mugen no Roulette Gets Debut Trailer
- New Destiny 2: Beyond Light Trailer Asks What Is Beneath the Ice
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Out Now
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (September 24, 2020)
This week in Q&A Quest the hosts discuss the mess of trying to pre-order new consoles. They also chat about the upcoming Demon’s Souls remake.
This week’s RPG Cast finally figures out if Dark Souls ripped off Breath of the Wild. There is also plenty of getting worked up over Bethesda.