RPGamer Round-Up: March 22 – March 29
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Ara Fell received an Enhanced Edition this week, which also brought the game to consoles. Anna Marie Privitere finds it has all the look and feel of a classic JRPG from yesteryear while not forgetting what makes games approachable in the modern era.
When two people bump into each other at a park over eight years ago, it kicks off a chain of relationships that will intertwine in unexpected ways. Anna Marie Privitere looks at Half Past Fate to see how it provides an interesting twist on the classic visual novel in both form and function.
Nintendo pushed out a surprise Direct Mini presentation. The thirty-minute video included news for Xenoblade Chronicles, Bravely Default II, Borderlands, King’s Bounty II, Ring Fit Adventure, and more.
The Humble Bundle put out its initial version of a Nintendo Direct this week. The first episode of the Humble Brag featured a few games that RPGamers may find interesting.
- The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki’s Third Protagonist, Cross Story System Detailed
- Trails of Cold Steel III PC Version Available Now
Nihon Falcom updated the Japanese website for Hajimari no Kiseki, introducing the brand new, third playable party in the game and detailing its Cross Story System. Meanwhile, the latest title to hit the West, Trails of Cold Steel III, made its debut on PC.
- SINoALICE Global Release Announced
- War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Released Internationally
There was a double dose of Square Enix mobile RPG news this week. SINoALICE finally received a global release date, while tactical RPG War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius got its international launch.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter Check-In feature returns for a look at two ongoing crowdfunding campaigns. This edition features Anshar Studios’ Gamedec and Zerouno Games’ Holmgang: Memories of the Forgotten.
Additional Selected Stories
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot DLC Detailed
- Mary Skelter Finale Announced
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Third Update Out Now, Alatreon Debuting Next
- Galaxy of Pen & Paper Releasing on Consoles in April
- New Dandy Dungeon Update Includes Part II
- Untold Now Available on Mobile
- Bonfire Released on Steam Early Access
- Boot Hill Bounties Heading to Switch
- The Vagrant Heading to Switch
- Dread Nautical PC and Console Release Announced
- Code Vein’s Lord of Thunder DLC Released
- SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Expansion Pack Announced
- Titan Quest Ragnarök Expansion Now Available on PS4, Xbox One
- Tangledeep Gets Updated on Switch
- Second Episode of Inside Final Fantasy VII Remake Released
- Second Dev Diary for King’s Bounty II Released
- More Digimon Survive Characters Revealed
- Sakura Wars Media Showcases Combat
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Gets New Trailer, Update Info
- Torchlight III Sets Sights on Sharpshooter Class
- The Falconeer’s Mancer Order Faction Receives Trailer
- Element: Space Now Available on PS4, Xbox One
- Iron Danger Out Now on PC
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (March 26, 2020)
A double dose of Q&A Quest includes discussion of Trials of Mana, Valkyrie Chronicles, and shorter RPGs. There’s also a guest appearance as Mr. Baker made his way back to Japan.
Peter, Kelley, Chris, and Anna Marie are joined by Alice for this week’s RPG Cast; while she didn’t deliver any missiles, large robots come up in unexpected ways. The group discusses cheating on the stalk market, the news of the week, and your feedback before they go back to waiting for copies of Persona 5 Royal to arrive.