RPGamer Round-Up: August 27 – September 3
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
In the city of eternal twilight, the most important person is the coffee-slinging barista. Whether it’s the magic of cards or the chemistry of caffeination, Michael Baker joins Affogato to save the city, one latte at a time.
Chinese RPG series Xuan-Yuan Sword is back on western shores with a throwback release from its storied back catalogue. Sometimes a blast from the past can be a good thing, but Pascal Tekaia reports that this is not one of those times.
Side adventures are a staple of RPGs. The RPGamer staff share some of their most memorable side quests, and we hope you’ll share some of yours in the comments.
After five years in Early Access, narrative-driven wartime RPG Long Gone Days finally has a full release date. Players will join Rourke as he seeks to bring an end to the bloodshed in October.
After being delayed from June, Forever Entertainment revealed a release date for Front Mission 2: Remake. The mecha tactical RPG will deploy on Switch in early October.
Ocean Driver Studio announced a follow-up to tactical RPG Lost Eidolons. Lost Eidolons: Veil of the Witch is a spin-off bringing streamlined and roguelite gameplay elements.
Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass creator Kasey Ozymy is back with two-man studio Starseed. The studio unveiled Hymn to the Earless God, a turn-based insectoid RPG undergoing a Kickstarter campaign.
Koei Tecmo and Akatsuki Games provided plenty more details and media for upcoming PC and mobile title Atelier Resleriana. The update introduces new and familiar characters, as well as multiple gameplay elements.
Fans patiently waiting for the remaster of the first two Suikoden games will need to wait a bit longer. Konami announced that the Suikoden I&II HD Remaster will not be releasing in time for this year.
A big new digital Borderlands bundle is now available on PC and consoles, with a significant launch discount. In addition, Borderlands 3 will be heading to Switch next month.
- This Way Madness Lies Launching on PS5 Later This Month
- Crimson Tactics: The Rise of The White Banner Fully Launching Next Week
- Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos DLC, Season Pass Revealed
- WitchSpring R Releasing on PC in September
- New World: Rise of the Angry Earth Expansion Announced
- Wandering Sword Releasing in September
- G-Mode Releases Narrative Adventure OU
- Button City Soccer Days Console Release Confirmed
- Jagged Alliance 3 Console Release Announced
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty’s Second DLC Releasing End of September
- Panic Unveils Tactical Action RPG Arco
- Fate/Samurai Remnant Media Shows More of Edo, Gameplay
- Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai Trailer Gives Gameplay Overview
- More Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai Screenshots, Details Released
- Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis Pre-Launch Trailer Released
- Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden Gets Extended Gameplay Video
- Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road Gets New Gameplay Trailer
- Wayfinder Gets Gamescom Trailer
- The Thaumaturge Story Trailer Released
- Silent Hope Trailer Shows Its Seven Heroes
- Sword Art Online: Last Recollection Gets New Trailers
- Born of Bread Set for Fall, New Trailer Released
- Cat Quest III Trailer Released
- New Release Round-Up (August 31, 2023)
As students trudge back to school in real life, we go back to Thors Academy this week on RPG Backtrack. Josh joins the show to talk about The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, along with plenty of head-pats and comments about Rean’s new glasses.