RPGamer Round-Up: Mar. 31 – Apr. 7
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s newest column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders for some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
We hadn’t heard from our man in Japan Michael Baker recently, until some mysterious correspondence showed up. It seems his playthrough of Darkest Dungeon went to some curious places.
War Theatre is a new title from the developer of Plague Road. Pascal Tekaia takes a look at its brand of Advance Wars-esque strategy.
Mike Apps brings back some further impressions from PAX East, this time from Square Enix’s booth. He got the chance to check out Dragon Quest Builders 2 on PlayStation 4, as well as the upcoming Nintendo Switch versions of Final Fantasy X|X-2 and Final Fantasy XII.
Gearbox Software has followed last week’s announcement of Borderlands 3 with an announcement of its release date. The game will come in multiple versions, including an expensive Collector’s Edition.
Toei has released the first trailer for Dragon Quest: Your Story, the film adaptation of Dragon Quest V. The trialer release also reveals that the 3D CGI movie is set to hit Japanese theatres in August.
A new Sword Art Online game is coming soon. As it title suggests, Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris is based on the franchise’s “Alicization” story arc that was the the focus of the latest anime series.
A little over two years after joining as president of its new Studio Istolia subsidiary, Hideo Baba has left Square Enix. There is no news on how the studio’s planned debut title, Project Preludce Rune, is affected.
One of the most interesting gaming things for April Fool’s came from Ryu ga Gotoku Studio. The developer showed off a theoretical command-based combat system for the newest title in the Yakuza series.
Additional Selected Stories
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes Prepares for Launch with Story, Tutorial Trailers
- God Wars Heading to Steam in June
- Enter the Gungeon Gets Switch Retail Release, A Farewell to Arms Out Now
- For the King Coming to Consoles in May
- Details, Images Released for Coven and Labyrinth of Galleria
- Super Neptunia RPG Coming to Steam in Summer
- Dragon Fantasy Gets Limited Run Games Release
- Happiness Is Mandatory for Paranoia’s 2019 Release
- Eternity: The Last Unicorn Arrives on Xbox One This Month
- Lapis x Labyrinth Calls for Adventurers
- Mary Skelter 2 Heading to Switch in Japan
- Doraemon: Nobita no Bokujō Monogatari Coming to Japan in June
- Yggdra Union Releasing on Mobile in Japan This Month
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (April 4, 2019)
RPGCast reaches episode 499 before going on hiatus while Chirs and Anna Marie gallivant around Europe. Our big 500th episode celebration will mark their return in six weeks’ time.
Q&A Quest returns after its break for PAX East. The hosts dicuss a common RPG trope as well as the Borderlands 3 announcement.