RPGamer Round-Up: August 28 – September 4
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Ska Studios returns with its follow-up to action RPG Salt and Sanctuary. Pascal Tekaia finds the game while pleasingly treads familiar ground, it features an unnecessary innovation that feels shoehorned in.
Square Enix announced the third title in the card-based Voice of Cards series from senior members behind the Drakengard and NieR teams. Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden launches later this month.
The shared Kickstarter campaign for Wild ARMs and Shadow Hearts spiritual successors Armed Fantasia and Penny Blood has begun. Unsurprisingly, it’s off to a swift start and has already passed it’s initial goal.
FuRyu’s take on the Mana series is heading west. XSEED Games and Marvelous are bringing action RPG Trinity Trigger to North America and Europe early next year.
Following the release of the game’s conclusion last month, Nintendo and Cygames announced the shut down date for Dragalia Lost. Players have three months to finish everything they want to.
Digerati and Conradical Games’s The Outbound Ghost is launching for PC in a few weeks. The game will also be making its way to consoles later in the year.
Ocean Drive Studio’s Lost Eidolons has a release date. The tactical RPG will launch on PC next month, with an Xbox Series X|S release to follow in early 2023.
Studio Trigger’s animated series set in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 has a launch date. All ten episodes will be available to watch later this month on Netflix.
Other Selected Stories
- New World’s Brimstone Sands Update Announced
- River City Girls 2 Introduces Its Villains
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous’s Treasure of the Midnight Isles Now Available
- Pixel Noir Gets April Release Window
- Bear and Breakfast Hitting Switch in September
- Action Roguelite Ravenbound Announced
- Nobody Saves the World: Frozen Hearth DLC Announced
- Tactical RPG Wartales Receiving Large-Scale Early Access Update
- Steelrising Beta Available for Pre-orders
- RPG Maker Unite Details Auto-Guide Balance Feature
- Re:Legend Fully Launching on PC Next Week
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Gets New Media
- Selenwald Gets New Reveal Trailer
- Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Gets New Gameplay Trailer
- SpellForce: Conquest of Eo Trailer Released
- Stories from the Outbreak Gets Gameplay Trailer
- Biomutant Gets PS5, Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Videos
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Introduce Grafaiai
- New Release Round-Up (September 1, 2022)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the Embracer Group continuing to eat companies. We also discuss the reasons behind the demise of Sony’s Japan Studio.
Kelley hoards all the PS5s. Chris needs a build for the “I’m Bad” playstyle. And Josh gets treatment for his cat’s demon tapeworm.