RPGamer Round-Up: January 9 – January 16
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week, or in this case, two weeks. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Rainbow Billy: Curse of the Leviathan is an adventure RPG that sees players attempting to bring color back to the World of Imagination. RPGamer was able to interview developer ManaVoid Entertainment’s CEO Chris Chancey about the creation of the game and the ideas behind it.
It’s clear that Battle Brothers is meant to be challenging for even the most hardcore tactical RPGamers. Jon Jansen finds the lack of help and optimization issues for consoles could have some quitting before the mechanics even have a chance to become fun.
Square Enix provided further details on its Final Fantasy XIV Data Center upgrades. Digital sales of the MMORPG are slated to resume later this month.
NIS America announced a limited edition for Trails from Zero. The edition is available to pre-order now in North America, with European pre-orders starting on Monday.
Ara Fell developer Stegosoft Games’ latest title has a release date. RPGamers can expected to see Rise of the Third Power on PC and consoles next month.
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus Receives Extended Gameplay Introduction
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus Trailer Highlights Hisui
Ahead of Pokémon Legends: Arceus’ launch in a couple of weeks, The Pokémon Company provided a lengthy gameplay video. It details many gameplay elements including crafting, wild Pokémon encounters, missions, and more.
NeocoreGames has pushed back the full release of King Arthur: Knight’s Tale. The tactical RPG will now launch at the end of March.
Adventure RPG Ocean’s Heart is heading to Switch. Nordcurrent and Max Mraz’s Zelda-esque title will release on the console next month.
Other Selected Stories
- Edge of Eternity European Physical Release Announced
- Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom Physical Release Announced
- Eternal Radiance Arriving on Switch, PlayStation This Week
- Doors of Insanity Fully Releasing This Month
- Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King Console Release Announced
- Lost Ark Trailer Provides Welcome to Arkesia
- The Cruel King and the Great Hero Music Video Released
- ELEX II Gets Down and Dirty With New Combat Trailer
- Monster Hunter Rise Out Now on PC
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Trailer Shows Savathûn’s Throne World
- Rune Factory 5 English Story Trailer Released
- Dying Light 2 Stay Human Touches on Co-op
- Expeditions: Rome Introduces Its Companions
- New Release Round-Up (January 13, 2022)
Kelley finds out that Alice is made of Lego. Josh asks if his cat even lifts, bro. Chris puts everything into the Final Fantasy XVI bucket. And everyone gets KEMCO shamed.
No shame in KEMCO. Especially not for Rideon-developed Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom!