RPGamer Round-Up: October 17 – October 24
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Despite over a dozen releases in the series, Xuan Yuan Sword 7 will mark a first foray into a new world for many western gamers. Pascal Tekaia reports that DOMO’s ancient-China action RPG shows a lot of promise, but is not without its flaws.
Some games strive to create an open, accessible experience for all to enjoy. Super Cane Magic ZERO instead takes Michael Baker to chocolate-coated moonscapes and laser-powered volcanos, where ninjas do battle with abominable snowmen.
Director Hiroyuki Ito returns with the release of Dungeon Encounters. Paul Shkreli finds that underneath a simple graphical presentation lies a dense network of gameplay systems which are surprisingly compelling.
Sacred Fire has many layers to make it a mentally engrossing game. Ryan Costa suggest that story enthusiasts looking for their next adventure should give it a look.
What if you had the power to feel everyone’s emotions around you? Sam Wachter advises that players have their tissue boxes nearby when they take on the role of empathic extraordinaire Alex Chen and solve a small town mystery.
The third quarter of 2021 proves to be the worst one yet for Pascal’s backlog adventure this year. Balancing work and home life can be tough, but YouTube content creators have turned into the biggest threats to his gaming time.
Stardew Valley developer ConcernedApe announced its newest project. It’s still early in development, but Haunted Chocolatier will see players running their own chocolate shop.
Atlus revealed the DLC that will be launching alongside Shin Megami Tensei V in November. The additional DLC quests include a challenge from a returning figure.
NeocoreGames announced a full release date for King Arthur: Knight’s Tale. The tactical RPG will exit Early Access on Steam in February.
Koei Tecmo and Gust released new information for Atelier Sophie 2. The update introduces characters Alette and Olias and provides more details on its synthesis system.
The release of Elden Ring has been pushed back into an already incredibly busy February. Players will get a chance to try the game out before then, however, with a closed network test set for next month.
Ahead of its release next week, Idea Factory International put out a new trailer for Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars. The video is accompanied by details about the Peaches & Cream Meditation mini-game and introductions to four more characters.
NIS America and FuRyu are bringing afterlife-themed action RPG Crystar to Nintendo Switch. The Switch version will release in early 2022, with a Limited Edition available to pre-order now.
Other Selected Stories
- Raw Fury to Publish Cassette Beasts; Xbox, Switch Versions Announced
- Super Robot Wars 30 First DLC Revealed
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister Primal Calling DLC Announced
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos Second DLC, Next-Gen Release Announced
- Danganronpa S: Ultimate Summer Camp Story, Hype Cards Detailed
- Current Gen Updates of The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed
- Everspace 2 Full Release Pushed to 2023
- Spire of Sorcery Hitting Early Access This Week
- Usurper: Soulbound Hitting Early Access in November
- Sands of Aura Now Available on Early Access
- Terrorbane Demo Released on Steam
- Disciples: Liberation Gets New Dev Diary Video
- Gotham Knights Reveals the Court of Owls
- Sacred Fire Now Available on Early Access
- WitchSpring R Trailer Released
- Level-5 Releases New Megaton Musashi Trailer
- The Caligula Effect 2 Out Now in North America
- Disciples: Liberation Out Now
- New Release Round-Up (October 21, 2021)
The next major arc of the Legend of Heroes series takes us to Thors Military Academy, where we learn that even teachers need a drink sometimes. Join us on this journey to Erebonia along with Pascal, Josh, and Jervon as we dive into part one of the Trails of Cold Steel saga.
This week in Q&A Quest we talk about a variety of different RPGs including Secret of Evermore. We also talk a bit about Metroid Dread.