The second beta version for Owlcat Games’ Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is now available. The developer also revealed a September date for the full PC release.
RPGamer Round-Up: May 2 – May 9
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
With Kiryu’s saga finally coming to an end, it’s time for a new dragon to rise up. Alex Fuller provides a second opinion on Yakuza: Like a Dragon, as Ichiban Kasuga readily takes up the opportunity to undergo his quest.
Save me Mr Tako returns in a Definitive Edition, with a new publisher and more features. While not strictly an RPG, Anna Marie Privitere learns that one little octopus trying to save the world may still appeal to RPGamers looking for a challenge.
Ryan Radcliff jumps into the Backloggin’ report fracas with the first four months of progress with the Retro Wheel of RPGs. He also reveals how it’s trying to kill him with alcohol, and what awaits our hero in the future.
Anna Marie is back with her fourth Backloggin’ report. Was progress made on her backlog? Well…No.
Ryu ga Gotoku Studio’s Judgment Day has arrived. The developer announced a sequel to its Yakuza spin-off Judgment, which will launch globally this September.
Fantasy manga series Made in Abyss is getting an RPG. Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness will include both a retelling of its anime series and an original story when it launches next year.
Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1 has been given western release dates. The bundle of Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad & the World Eaters will hit late August/early September.
In a surprise release, a remaster of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance is out now on consoles. The game will also be coming to PC and mobile later this year.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter Check-In feature returns for a look at an ongoing crowdfunding campaign. This edition features Shockwork Games’ roguelike deckbuilder Nadir.
Other Selected Stories
- The Amazing American Circus Arriving in August
- Rise of the Slime Coming This Month
- The Wicked King and the Noble Hero Shows Locations, Monsters
- The Elder Scrolls Online Previews Its Companions
- Dungeon-Crawler Sonucido: The Mage Announced
- My Time at Portia Releasing on iOS, Android
- Sword of the Necromancer Physical Release Revealed
- More The Caligula Effect 2 Gameplay Features Detailed
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Bonus Content Available
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade Gets New Trailer
- Bandai Namco Shows Scarlet Nexus Opening
- Biomutant Celebrates May The Furrth
- Utawarerumono Zan 2 Gets Second Trailer
- Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery Gets New Videos
- New Release Round-Up (May 6, 2021)
The Dreamcast may have lacked in terms of… everything, but the RPGs it had were spectacular. In this episode, we get into Grandia II with guests Robert Albright, David McBurney, and Mike Moehnke. Just make sure you keep your alternate demon personality in check while listening to this one.
This week in Q&A Quest we discuss more things about SaGa Frontier Remastered. We also discuss Monster Hunter Rise.
Anna Marie wonders why we can’t be friends. Jonathan becomes a Marbula One fan. Kelley engages “pants off, games on” mode. And Chris learns that the only person he’s cheating is himself… and his dire gryphon.