RPGamer Round-Up: August 9 – August 16
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
A derelict space station locked in orbit around a black hole is certainly a unique setting for an action RPG. Pascal Tekaia finds Hellpoint sticks quite close to the familiar Souls-like gameplay formula while injecting just a bit of sci-fi horror.
Lauren Coe is the voice actress for Veronica of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Elmon Dean Todd got to chat with Lauren about her role in the game, along with behind-the-scenes details of the recording process.
RPGamer has five digital copies for Nomina Games’ recently-released The Revenant Prince to give away to lucky readers. There are multiple ways to enter, with entries closing at the end of Monday.
CD Projekt RED posted the second episode of Cyberpunk 2077’s Night City Wire. This episode details Lifepaths, weaponry, and the portrayal of in-game band Samurai.
1C Entertainment announced a partnership with developer Spellbook Creations to publish SpellMaster: The Saga. The game is an open-world fantasy RPG where players set up their own magic academy.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 will not be launching in 2020. Players will have to wait until next year to join Seattle’s underworld.
After launching on PC last year, Bombservice’s Minoria will be coming to consoles next month. The developer is also working on a new title in the Momodora series, which celebrated its tenth anniversary this week.
To celebrate International Cat Day, PQube and The Gentlebros released a major free update for Cat Quest II: The Lupus Empire. Included is a Mew Game mode for a second playthrough with more options.
Additional Selected Stories
- Chroma Squad Physical Release Announced
- Oceanhorn 2 Launching for Switch This Fall
- Ys Origin European Retail Editions Revealed
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk Delayed Until September
- Tears of Avia Launching in September
- Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Available on iOS
- Dreamscaper Now Available on Steam Early Access
- Edge of Eternity Enters Beta Phase
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Goes Underground with Extended Gameplay
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster Expands Demon Compendium
- Dante Joining Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster as DLC
- Death end re;Quest 2 Details Choices
- Magic: Legends Introduces Necromancer Class
- Coven and Labyrinth of Galleria Structure Detailed, New Images
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate Launches on Consoles
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (August 13, 2020)
After learning some things with Lunar, Game Arts created a series called Grandia that has quite a bit to recommend. We have some new points of view eager to chime in on three of the series’ entries.