RPGamer Round-Up: March 8 – March 15
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
RPGamer’s Charalampos Papadimitriou was able to check out the upcoming PC and Switch ports of Trails of Cold Steel III. He also had the opportunity to put some questions to Ruud van de Moosdijk of Engine Software and Peter “Durante” Thoman of PH3 about the creation of those ports.
The iconic Final Fantasy V baddie may behave like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, but that doesn’t mean he should be named like one. Mark McLaughlin makes a case for and the history behind a cooler and more appropriate name.
What do a 90s actress out of a job, a floating CRT monitor, and Picross puzzles have in common? Naturally, it’s murder mysteries, and Anna Marie Privitere sets about solving some in a brand new Adventure Corner.
PC RPGamers awaiting the release of Trails of Cold Steel III can now get a taste of the game. A demo is now available on Steam, with NIS America also announcing a limited edition for the PC version.
Formerly a PlayStation 4 exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn will be migrating to PC this summer. The game will be available in a Complete Edition alongside its Frozen Wilds expansion.
The open beta for Phantasy Star Online 2 will be coming very soon to Xbox One in North America. Exact details about the beta are still to be confirmed, but we at least know when it will start.
A new entry in the long-running Xuan-Yuan Sword series is in development. Xuan-Yuan Sword VII will release with both English and Chinese language options later this year.
Additional Selected Stories
- Curse of the Dead Gods Gives Some Tips
- Warhammer: Chaosbane Gets New Playable Character
- Third Shenmue III DLC Gets Release Date
- Children of Zodiarcs Releasing on Switch, Xbox One
- Deep Sky Derelicts Coming to Consoles
- Grand Guilds Releasing for PC, Switch This Month
- New Genshin Impact Closed Beta Starting Next Week
- Swords of Gargantua Heading to PlayStation VR
- More Trials of Mana Gameplay Footage Emerges
- Producer Letter Reveals Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia Difficulty Options
- Persona 5 Royal Trailer Shows Phantom Thieves’ World-Changing Aims
- Sakura Wars Media Highlights Relationships
- Koei Tecmo Prepares for Nioh 2 Launch with Trailer
- Langrisser I & II Out in North America
- Alder’s Blood Now Available on Switch
- Bless Unleashed Released on Xbox One
- Kickstarter Check-In: Terra Nova
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (March 12, 2020)
In Japan it’s called Mother, while for North America it’s called Earthbound. Either way, Shigesato Itoi’s series is unique and worthy of some lengthy discussion on a brand new RPG Backtrack.
This week’s Q&A Quest features discussion about which RPGs the hosts wish they could wipe their memories of and replay fresh. A smorgasbord of other RPG topics also gets covered.
Anna Marie, Chris, Jonathan, Kelley, and Peter have plenty of games to discuss in the latest episode of the RPG Cast. The group also discusses the latest news and participate in an impromptu hand-washing singalong.