Children of Morta Updates Roadmapped
11 bit studios and Dead Mage have announced their 2020 update plans for roguelite hack-and-slash RPG Children of Morta. The planned updates are split into the following eight parts:
- Shrine of Challenge — Adds hard difficulty plus an item pack with more than 20 new items including Charms, Divine Graces, and Divine Relics.
- Setting Sun Inn — Adds a New Game+ mode that carries over unlocked characters, the skill tree, currency, and workshop upgrades into a new playthrough after completing the game.
- Random Encounter — No details other than that “it means what it says”.
- In the Bergsons’ House — Adds new playable character.
- The Fellowship Sanctuary — Adds online co-op.
- Temple of the Endless — Adds a series of arenas with waves of enemies, mini-bosses, and a new boss. It will support online co-op.
- Treasure — Adds more than 30 new items including Charms, Divine Graces, and Divine Relics.
- The Uncharted Lands — A brand new chapter containing its own main quest as well as a new home event, another playable character, new enemies, and a new boss.
The first seven of those updates will be free, while The Uncharted Lands will be a paid expansion. No dates have been announced for the updates. Finally, the original soundtrack, composed by Hamidreza Ansari, is now available on YouTube, Spotify, and iTunes.
Children of Morta stars the guardians of Mount Morta, the Bergson family. Players lead the Bergsons in their mission to defeat the corruption that has overtaken the mountain and infested it with monsters. The game is currently available for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Those looking to read more about Children of Morta can check out RPGamer’s Deep Look.