RPGamer Round-Up: July 7 – July 14
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Editorial Content and Features
#JRPGJuly is in full swing. The RPGamer staff share their initial progress and thoughts on the titles they’ve been playing for it this month.
2016’s Dragon Quest Builders looked to combine the Dragon Quest setting with the crafting and resource gathering of Minecraft. Elmon Dean Todd discovers that the newly-released Dragon Quest Builders 2 takes the offshoot to a whole new level.
The Atelier series makes the return to its Arland setting with Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland. Matt Masem finds out how well Rorona’s daughter takes up the alchemy mantle.
Cadence of Hyrule sees Nintendo and Brace Yourself Games create a crossover between Crypt of the NecroDancer and The Legend of Zelda. Pascal Tekaia reports back on his attempts to get Link and Zelda to step in time.
A potential dedicated handheld edition of the Nintendo Switch has long been rumoured. The Nintendo Switch Lite has now been officially announced and is set to release this September.
More details and media have been released for Pokémon Sword and Shield. Included in the latest update are details about an extension of Dynamaxing, as well as new characters and Pokémon.
Morgana has provided his third report on the additions coming to Persona 5 Royal. This video focuses on some updates to combat, as well as the new area of Kichijoji.
CyberConnect2 held its first ever Anime Expo panel in Los Angeles last weekend. During the panel, the developer provided some new details on its latest Little Tail Bronx game, which is now titled Fuga: Melodies of Steel.
During Anime Expo, Level-5 confirmed that there are plans to bring the recently-released Yo-kai Watch 4 west. No further details were given, however.
Additional Selected Stories
- GreedFall Landing in September
- The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Releasing in Late August
- Dragon’s Dogma Online Shutting Down in December
- First Blue Protocol Details, Media Revealed
- The Game Bakers Reveals More Haven Details
- Gloomhaven Shows Off Gameplay, Early Access Date
- Bless Unleashed Beta Starting Thursday
- Nintendo Highlights Fire Emblem: Three Houses’ Blue Lions
- Ys IX Gets Second Official Trailer
- Atelier Ryza Gets Debut Teaser Trailer
- Iceborne Offers Up New Subspecies
- Meet the Cast of The Alliance Alive
- Killsquad Universe Detailed
- New Azur Lane: Crosswave Trailer Surfaces
- Shenmue III Gets Few More Screenshots, Brief Teaser Trailer
- Dauntless’ Fortune & Glory Update Arrives Next Week
- Genshin Impact Announced, Closed Beta Started
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (July 11, 2019)
The RPGCast returns from a week off. Chris and Anna Marie are joined by Kelley, Josh, and Nathan to discuss what they’ve ben playing and the RPG news and highlights from the last couple of weeks.