RPGamer Round-Up: Feb. 17 – Feb. 24
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s newest column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders for some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed. We very much appreciate any feedback or comments on its usefulness.
One of the biggest sections of last week’s Nintendo Direct was a focus on Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Joshua Carpenter and Cassandra Ramos spent some time in the aftermath speculating about what was shown and what it might mean for the game.
Heroes Trials is an action RPG recently released on consoles and handheld. Mike Moehnke spent some time with sibling pair Zoel and Elia and reported back on how their trials went.
1979 Revolution: Black Friday is an adventure title set during the Iranian Revolution. Joshua Carpenter provided his thoughts on how the title deals with some sensitive subject matter.
Square Enix released the prologue animation for Epsiode Ardyn, the final upcoming expansion for Final Fantasy XV, along with a date and some details for the DLC. The company also announced a novel as a substitute for the cancelled expansions.
Grinding Gear Games has announced its newest expansion for Path of Exile. Chris Wilson gave RPGamer a heads-up on what the new content entails, as well as some other improvements being made to the game.
Red Hook Studios has announced a sequel to the challenging Darkest Dungeon. Few details are available for Darkest Dungeon II at this stage, though it looks like several things will be returning.
Furi and Squids Odyssey developer The Game Bakers has announced a new title. Haven is an adventure RPG where players control two lovers who have escaped to a lost planet.
Fantasy RPG Vambrace: Cold Soul has a release date for PC and Mac. Players are put in the role of Evelia Lyric, the only human capable of entering the cursed city of Icenaire, and tasked with recruiting a party to take on dangerous expeditions.
Additional Selected Stories
- Sword & Fairy 6 Coming to PlayStation 4 in April
- Eternity: The Last Unicorn Releasing in March
- PlatinumGames Provides More Astral Chain Info
- Braveland Trilogy Coming to Switch
- Moonlighter Gets New Friends & Foes
- Fall of Light: Darkest Edition Content Now Available on Steam
- Pixel Noir Gets Early Access Date
- Square Enix Releases New Oninaki Screenshots
- Gust Details More Atelier Lulua Characters, Second Trailer Released
- Daedalic Entertainment Publishing Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Coming to Early Access in Summer
- Deck of Ashes Coming to Early Access in April
- Midgar Studio Reveals Edge of Eternity Chapter Two Information
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (February 21, 2019)
After taking a week off, the RPGCast returns to discuss what they’ve been playing as well as the latest RPG news. Josh, Pascal, Alex, and Kelley are Chris and Anna Marie’s guests in this edition.
In the latest edition of Q&A Quest the hosts discuss the importance of the golf mini-game in Yakuza 3. There is also chat about the upcoming Link’s Awakening remaster.