Moonlighter Gets New Friends & Foes
Digital Sun Games and 11 bit studios have released a free update for Moonlighter. The “Friends & Foes” update is available now on all platforms and includes the following additions:
- Nine new familiars — These will aid players while dungeon crawling. These are hatched from an egg that drops after a particular enemy is killed ten times.
- Eight new minibosses — These appear as guardians on the first and second floors in each dungeon.
- Zenon’s Campfire — When players visit dungeons at night they can talk to Zenon, who will tell forgotten stories from the world, with further tales unlocked as the game progresses.
- Modifications and additional lines for Tomo’s dialogue.
- Warning and UI changes related to the Banker.
- Item sort option.
- Ability to purchase the Broom™ from Le Retailer in case players manage to lose it.
- Additional pricing update information system.
One part shopkeeping and one part dungeon-crawling, Moonlighter follows Will, a shopkeeper who at night visits the nearby ruins for adventures and danger. During the day, Will manages a store, interacts with the other townsfolk, and can craft and enchant weapons. The game transforms into an action RPG at night with customisable loot, randomly-generated dungeons, and varied playstyles. The game is available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Those looking to read more can check out Charalampos Papdimitriou’s review of the PlayStation 4 version.