RPGamer Round-Up: Dec. 9 – Dec. 16
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s newest column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders for some interesting editorial content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed. We very much appreciate any feedback or comments on its usefulness. With that said, let’s get to the articles!
Sam Wachter offers a personal editorial piece looking back at Stardew Valley. She examines how the game provides empathy, something that could be said to be in short supply in the world at present.
Big Bad Wolf’s narrative adventure The Council has been released in five episodes spread across 2018. With all five episodes now out, Alex Fuller uses the opportunity to see how the full season holds up.
Mike Moenhke takes a look back at Vanillaware’s Muramasa Rebirth. The game joins the hefty list of reasons why many members of the RPGamer staff are fans of the PlayStation Vita.
- Lapis x Labyrinth Western Release Confirmed, Limited Editions Revealed
- Away: Journey to the Unexpected Expected in February
A couple of holdovers from last week’s Kinda Funny Games Showcase. Lapis x Labyrinth is confirmed for a western release, while Away: Journey to the Expected receives some release dates.
Those eagerly awaiting the release of Kingdom Hearts III can now check out its opening movie. The video features “Face My Fears”, the collaboration between Hikaru Utada and Skrillex.
Capcom has announced an icy expansion for Monster Hunter: World, coming in 2019. Geralt will also soon be testing his monster hunting skills in the game.
Bandai Namco has announced a Japanese release date for its newest Super Robot Wars title. Importers will be happy to learn the Southeast Asian, English-subtitled version will be releasing on the same day.
Spike Chunsoft has revealed the western release date for survival RPG Zanki Zero. A new trialer also showcases the game’s English voice cast.
Anthem will be getting a couple of demos before launch in February. VIPs will get a first look at the game at the end of January, with everyone else able to check it out a week later.
Additional Selected Stories
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition Gets New Trailer; Crestoria Western Release Confirmed
- Mario + Rabbids Announces New Community Competition
- Final Fantasy XV’s Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration Quest, Comrades Standalone Version Available Now
- Atelier Lulua Reveals Sterk, Synthesis System
- Infinity Blade Trilogy Delisted on iOS
- Fairy Fencer F Releasing on Switch in January
- The Princess Guide Gets Release Date
- Mages of Mystralia Coming to Switch Next Month
- New Shadows: Awakening, Pillars of Eternity II, Ni no Kuni II DLC Released
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (December 13, 2018)
Q&A Quest returns, answering various reader questions. Discussions this week include potential future Pokémon species and the Breath of Fire series.
The RPGCast returns for its last episode of 2018. Chris, Anna Marie, Kelley, and Josh chat about what they’ve been playing and the week’s RPG news.