RPGamer Round-Up: February 19 – February 26
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Tales of Symphonia is released upon consoles once more. Paul Shkreli finds that while the game itself is one of the GameCube’s finest RPGs, the lack of care and high price point of its Switch remaster make it a difficult version to recommend.
The latest Fire Emblem entry looks to earlier games for some divine inspiration. Alex Fuller reports that while the contributions of its past add an interesting tactical dimension, the other portions of Fire Emblem Engage do little to advance the series.
Baldur’s Gate III appeared at the most recent State of Play with a newly-announced PlayStation 5 version. Moreover, the game has received a firm release date.
Nippon Ichi Software unveiled new title Xicatrice. The game sees players guiding a group of students with superpowers and utilises similar combat to that of the Criminal Girls series.
Koei Tecmo and Gust announced a July release date for the remake of the very first Atelier game. The companies also provided some details of additions included the new version of Atelier Marie.
Odencat announced that Meg’s Monster will release at the start of March. Players will need to do their utmost to prevent the girl from crying, lest the world meet its end.
Idea Factory International announced that Fairy Fencer F: Refrain Chord will arrive in the west in a couple of months. The publisher also unveiled the game’s Limited Edition, which goes up for pre-order next week.
Neowiz and Round 8 Studio revealed that action RPG Lies of P will launch in August. Meanwhile, a new trailer introduces the seemingly nefarious character Simon.
Sony announced that a trio of classic PlayStation RPGs will be joining its PlayStation Plus Premium subscription option this week. In addition, more PS4 and PS5 titles are joining the PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium game catalog.
Other Selected Stories
- New World Goes Seasonal with Fellowship & Fire
- The Caligula Effect: Overdose PS5 Release Announced
- The Last Spell Unleashed in March
- Ravenbound Launching End of March
- The Good Life DLC Releasing in March
- Bleak Faith: Forsaken Launching in March
- Amazon Games Bringing MMORPG Throne and Liberty to Multiple Regions
- Gamedec Releasing on PS5 This Week
- Wild West Dynasty Available on Early Access
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Gets Final Trailer, Demo Available Now
- Atelier Ryza 3 Digital Pre-Orders Open, Story Trailer Released
- The Mageseeker: A League of Legends Story Gets Teaser Trailer, Platform Confirmation
- For the King II Gets New Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (February 23, 2023)
An original PlayStation classic comes back to PSN, and RPG Backtrack, for a new generation of RPGamers. Grab some mead and a haunch of meat, as Sam and Robert tell their tall tales about the original Valkyrie Profile.
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss Metroid Prime despite it not being an RPG. We also answer a wonderful barrage of live questions.
Chris hugs a bear, while Kelley’s kitten almost Leeroy Jenkins into a toilet. Matt knocks everyone out in Octopath, and Jason goes round right round with his turntable.