Baldur’s Gate III Release Date, PS5 Version Revealed
Update — Larian Studios has confirmed that it is also working on an Xbox Series X|S release for the game. However, development of the Xbox version has encountered some difficulties meaning that Larian Studios is not in a comfortable position to confirm an Xbox Series X|S release date.
During Sony’s State of Play, Larian Studios announced the release date for Baldur’s Gate III. The game will release on PC and Mac on August 31, 2023, with a newly-announced PlayStation 5 version that will arrive the same day. The news came in a new trailer, which features a new villain in the game, General Ketheric Thorm. Thorm is a necromancer voiced by J.K. Simmons leading an army of the dead toward the titular city. The trailer also revealed that the game will have controller support and splitscreen co-op on PS5 for up to two players. In addition, Larian Studios revealed the game will feature four-player online co-op and support cross-save progression across PC, Mac, and PS5.
A Collector’s Edition and a digital Deluxe Edition were announced. The Collector’s Edition is priced at $269.99/€259.99 and contains:
- A digital copy of Baldur’s Gate III
- Custom Sticker Sheet
- 25cm Mind Flayer vs Drow battle diorama
- 160 page hardcover art book
- Cloth map of Faerûn
- Set of D&D-inspired origin character sheets
- Metal tadpole keyring
- Magic: The Gathering booster packs
- Custom engraved metal d20 with an in-game version
- Certificate of authenticity
The Deluxe Edition will contain:
- Playable Bard Song pack featuring songs from Divinity: Original Sin II
- Exclusive in-game dice skin
- An Adventurer’s Pouch containing starting items
- Digital downloads of the Baldur’s Gate III soundtrack, art book, and character sheets
- 72-hour early access to Act 1 on PS5
The Deluxe Edition will also contain a pack of items inspired by the characters of Divinity: Original Sin II. Additionally, all players who purchase the game during its Early Access period will be upgraded to the Deluxe Edition automatically.
Released in Early Access in 2020, Baldur’s Gate III brings players back to the Forgotten Realms as someone who has been infected with the parasite of a Mind Flayer. The game features turn-based combat based off of the Dungeons & Dragons 5E.