RPGamer Round-Up: July 31 – August 7
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
25 years after the debut of the first Soul Hackers game, a follow-up is nearly upon us. After only a few hours, Luis Mauricio reports it’s clear that Soul Hackers 2 is a strong game with an excellent battle system.
Citizen Sleeper takes players to the final frontier, aboard the embattled ring station Erlin’s Eye. Pascal Tekaia finds that what awaits is a difficult and rewarding space adventure fans of dystopian sci-fi will want to check out.
Everyone’s favorite monthly gameathon, #JRPGJuly, is in the books. Let’s see how folks finished out the month and if they were successful in completing their game of choice.
Square Enix has officially announced Tactics Ogre: Reborn. The game is based largely on the PSP remake of the Super Famicom tactical RPG, but has some changes.
The Pokémon Company provided details for the next generation of Pokémon titles. Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will take players on a treasure hunt across Paldea and introduce the new phenomenon of Terastallization.
Square Enix provided new details and images for action RPG and life sim hybrid Harvestella. The update introduces Nemea, the town of spring, as well as detailing some more gameplay elements.
Brace Yourself Games has returned to its rhythm roguelike RPG Crypt of the NecroDancer. Its new SYNCHRONY DLC is available now on Steam Early Access ahead of a full release on multiple platforms.
PQube announced it is handling the western release of Adventure Academia: The Fractured Continent. The Class of Heroes spin-off hits Japan in September, though a western release date has not yet been announced.
DANGEN Entertainment announced horror RPG The Witch’s House MV is coming to consoles later this year. The game, a remake of 2012 title The Witch’s House, originally released for PC in 2018.
Other Selected Stories
- Nexomon Physical Bundle Launching This Month
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Adds New Waker Class
- Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness Details Its Notebook
- Vanaris Tactics Releasing This Week
- Destiny’s Sword Launching in October
- Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure Early Access Date Announced
- Heaven Burns Red Gets Japanese PC Release Next Week
- Space Punks Open Beta Gets Major Update
- Dragon Quest X Offline’s Subjugation Corps Detailed
- Fate/EXTRA Record Gets New Trailer
- Soul Hackers 2 Gets New Trailer
- Inkbound Gets Combat Overview Video
- More The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Character Images Released
- New Release Round-Up (August 4, 2022)
A few former developers for the SaGa series came together to give the 3DS two spiritual successors to the series. Wheels and Pascal join us on the show to talk about The Legend of Legacy and The Alliance Alive, and if they were worth playing.
Chris takes his horse in for an oil change. Kelley droplifts bootleg amiibo at Target. Josh fantasizes about Nopon Tom Cruise.