RPGamer Round-Up: November 28 – December 5
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Arcadia Fallen is a visual novel with character role-playing elements from Galdra Studios. Alex Fuller finds that while there’s not much to its gameplay elements, it still tells an interesting story that invites players to be themselves.
Soul Nomad & the World Eaters finds new life on PC and Switch after an initial 2007 release. Paul Shkreli reports that in lacking any quality-of-life improvements and prone to crashing, the new release is hardly the definitive edition of a Prinny Classic.
How did players enjoy RPGs long ago with 2D sprites and few colors? Jason McFadden examines how the magic spell that bedazzles RPGamers might be more than meets the eye.
Atlus announced that Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is heading to Nintendo Switch. More RPGamers will be able to learn of the joys of yakisoba pan in April.
Bandai Namco is giving RPGamers another opportunity to return to The World. CyberConnect2’s .hack//G.U. Last Recode will release worldwide on Switch in March.
The Fatesworn expansion to Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is arriving in a couple of weeks. Players will return to Amalur to face a new threat from Telogrus, the God of Chaos.
Square Enix provided new Japanese details and media for Triangle Strategy. The update introduces numerous characters appearing in the game, which is set to arrive in March.
After a lengthy silence, World of Horror is back with its biggest content update yet. See what new curses are blighting this unfortunate seaside town.
Wanderword and inXile Entertainment revealed audio RPG The Bard’s Tale: Warlocks of Largefearn. The game is expected to release on Amazon Alexa devices this month.
Other Selected Stories
- Lost Eidolons Pre-Release Schedule Adjusted
- Paper Mario Arriving on Switch Online Next Week
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Pushed to May
- Demon Gaze Extra Release Pushed Back
- Crafting Adventure Wytchwood Launching Next Week
- Dauntless PS5, Xbox Series X|S Versions Hitting This Week
- Hooded Horse Publishing The Way of Wrath
- Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town Released on EGS, Pioneers of Olive Town Update Available
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Adds Free DLC
- XEL Receives New Videos
- Techland Shows Dying Light 2 Gameplay
- Atelier Sophie 2 Gets Character Trailers
- Atelier Sophie 2 Images Introduce Kati, Gnome, Pirka
- Wartales Now Available in Early Access
- New Release Round-Up (December 2, 2021)
This week in Q&A Quest, we mark Thanksgiving by discussing the likes of Dragon Quest XI and Shin Megami Tensei V. We also answer all the latest listener questions.
In the latest RPG Cast, Chris embraces our cyberpunk subscription overlords and Josh kills the innkeeper (accidentally). Meanwhile, Robert plunges down the .hack hole.