RPGamer Round-Up: May 9 – May 16
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
MMORPG New World is set to launch at the end of August. During a digital press event, Alex Fuller was given the chance to check out one of the game’s earlier dungeons, known as Expeditions.
Shockwork Games released a Kickstarter demo to the public for its eerie new game Nadir. Ryan Costa took a dive in to take a look at this macabre roguelike deckbuilder.
AIM is dead, and Facenook is now king! In this third installment of the Emily is Away series, Sam Wachter gets ready to spill the tea on all this high school drama.
Paul Shkreli continues his monthly saga to clear his backlog. April’s recap features titles from the Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo DS, and more.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Launching in November, Fan Festival Keynote Round-Up
- Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.55, PS5 Version Launching Next Week
Final Fantasy XIV’s 2021 Digital Fan Festival took place this weekend. A keynote presentation for the Endwalker expansion included reveals of a new job, new content, a November release date, and more, while a Letter from the Producer presentation revealed that the second part of the Death Unto Dawn content and the official launch of the PS5 version will come next week.
Scarlet Nexus is getting a demo. It will be available first on Xbox consoles next week, with PlayStation consoles getting it seven days later.
Square Enix released the opening movie for the upcoming NEO: The Worlds End with You. It also provided over thirty screenshots ahead of players’ return to Shibuya in July.
The first story expansion to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is out now. Wrath of the Druids takes players across another sea to Ireland.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter Check-In feature returns for a look at an ongoing crowdfunding campaign. This edition features Pineapple Works and Infamous Rabbit’s Oddventure.
Aluna: Sentinel of the Shards is making its debut this month. The action RPG will launch first on PC and Switch, with PS4 and Xbox One versions to follow.
Other Selected Stories
- The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Introduces New Characters, Locations
- Veil of Dust: A Homesteading Game Planned for Launch Next Year
- Beyond Mankind: The Awakening Launching in August
- Neptunia Virtual Stars Kizuna AI, Towa Kiseki DLC Now Available on PS4
- NieR Re[in]carnation Pre-Registration Open Now
- Legion: The Eternal War Demo Available to Backers
- Monster Viator Limited Run Games Release Announced
- Neowiz to Publish Unsouled
- The Caligula Effect 2 Receives New Japanese Trailer
- Rogue Lords Gets Devilish Trailer
- Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2 Receives Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (May 13, 2021)