RPGamer Round-Up: August 16 – August 23
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Giraffe and Annika is a title from indie Japanese developer Atelier Mimina making its console debut after a PC launch earlier this year. As an adventure title, it’s not particularly deep, but the wholesome charm it exudes makes it a very pleasant experience.
RPGamer has been able to work through the prologue to Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. It absolutely feels like a game worthy of further attention when it launches in September.
RPGamer was given the chance to check out Blightbound on Steam Early Access. It’s way too early to draw any real conclusions about the game, but it should offer some enjoyable action to those looking to hack through enemies with a couple of friends.
Nintendo held another Indie World Showcase, revealing a number of titles coming to Nintendo Switch. RPGs appearing in the presentation include Hades, Spiritfarer, Garden Story, Takeshi & Hiroshi, Torchlight III, and She Dreams Elsewhere.
Chinese studio Game Science has announced Black Myth: Wu Kong. The game is an action RPG themed on Journey to the West.
Compile Heart is celebrating the Neptunia series’ tenth anniversary. As part of the celebrations, the company revealed a brand-new game coming to PS5 titled Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse.
As part of a lengthy panel, Larian has announced the Early Access date for Baldur’s Gate III. The game’s large first act will be available by the end of September.
Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs have made a major change to the team behind Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Lead Narrative Designer Brian Mitsoda and Creative Director Ka’ai Cluney are no longer working on the project.
Additional Selected Stories
- Bless Unleashed Heading to PS4
- The Viking Way Announced
- Mortal Shell Physical Release Set for October
- Genshin Impact Launching for PC, Mobile in September
- Sports Story Delayed
- Marenian Tavern Story Finally Launches for PS4 in Europe
- Open-World Pirate RPG Under the Jolly Roger Sets Sail on Switch
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker Out Now on Consoles
- No Straight Roads Gets Switch Gameplay Trailer
- Fallen Legion Revenants Introduces Its Main Cast
- Super Daryl Deluxe Limited Run Games Orders Opening Next Week
- Remnant: From the Ashes Subject 2923 DLC Now Available
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars Trailer Gives Gameplay Overview
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (August 20, 2020)
Michael Apps tempts fate by complaining about his internet supplier at the start of the show, with predictable results. Meanwhile, the game-related discussion brings up Metal Max 3.