Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC Plans, Japanese Switch Version Revealed
Ubisoft has detailed its plans for post-launch content for its upcoming title Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. The post-launch content will consist of both paid DLC — included in a season pass — as well as free content and events. Those who purchase the season pass will also receive two remastered games: Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation. The season pass is included in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Gold, Ultimate, Spartan, and Pantheon Editions or can be purchased separately for $39.99.
Season Pass Content
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: An episodic adventure following the first wielder of the series’ trademark hidden blade, providing details about the backstory of the assassins. Episodes will be released approximately every six weeks starting December 2018.
- Story Arc II – The Fate of Atlantis: Another episodic story arc that sees players take on creatures and find secrets from the legendary sunken city. The twists of this arc will also tie in to both Greek mythology and the world’s first civilisation. Episodes will be released approximately every six weeks starting spring 2019.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered and Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation Remastered, including all the DLC from Assassin’s Creed III. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in spring 2019 and will also be available as a standalone purchase.
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Episodic questlines that will be released in-between episodes of the season pass story arcs, featuring familiar faces and new characters from Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: New challenges will be released every week featuring either a new mercenary or ship for players to battle against.
- Discovery Tour: An educational tool that lets players explore the game world and learn about Ancient Greece’s monuments, culture, and history.
- Additional updates including new monsters and mythical creatures as well as a New Game Plus mode.
In addition, Ubisoft and Nintendo announced that Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will be coming to Nintendo Switch in Japan. The Switch version is a cloud-based streaming version of the game, which will launch in the country on October 5, 2018, the same date as the worldwide PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One releases.