RPGamer Round-Up: April 2 – April 9
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Ryza’s journey is finally coming to an end with the final installment of her trilogy now released. Sam Wachter finds out if Gust learns from previous entries and gives Ryza the send-off she deserves.
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition gives opportunity to further grow the bottom-line. Alex Fuller reports that a light investment on the release means it’s still a title with plenty of room for improvement.
Atlus has brought the Inaba serial killer mystery to modern consoles. Persona newcomer Pascal Tekaia sees if Persona 4 Golden’s recent console release is still worthy of a new player’s time.
The Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters are hitting PS4 and Switch in just a couple of weeks. The console releases come with new features, including gameplay boosts and a new font.
NIS America announced western release dates for Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles. The second and third games in the Marl Kingdom series will finally get English versions at the end of August.
Dragonwell Publishing unveiled the cover for Anna Kashina’s upcoming novelisation of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. The novelisation will release in October and can be digitally pre-ordered now.
A decade after the game’s original announcement, Level Up Labs and Armor Games Studio have re-revealed Defender’s Quest II: Mists of Ruin. The tower defence RPG will finally launch later this year.
Vampire Survivors is getting its second DLC. Tides of the Foscari will launch next week adding three new playable characters, a new stage, and more.
Sting’s tactical RPG Blaze Union is arriving on Switch in a few weeks in Japan. There is currently no news on if the west will finally get the prequel to Yggdra Union.
A decade after its original release, hack-and-slash RPG Hammerwatch is getting a follow-up. Hammerwatch II will release on PC and consoles this summer.
Other Selected Stories
- One Piece Odyssey DLC Announced
- Wild Hearts’s First April Update Detailed
- Pokémon Stadium Coming to Nintendo Switch Online
- Genshin Impact Version 3.6 Update Launches Next Week
- Rune Factory 3 Special Golden Memories Edition Announced
- Medieval Dynasty Coming to PS4, Xbox One This Month
- Desktop Dungeons: Rewind Launching This Month
- Lost Epic Launching on Switch in April
- Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos Platforms Confirmed, New Screenshots Released
Releases and Trailers
- Infinite Guitars Released
- Veil of Dust: A Homesteading Game Fully Launches on Steam
- Fairy Fencer F: Refrain Chord Gets New Trailer
- Remnant II Trailer Shows World of Yaesha
- Ash of Gods: The Way Gets Gameplay Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (April 6, 2023)
RPGamers rejoiced during E3 2015, as Square Enix finally announced a remake for Final Fantasy VII. The game released in 2020 and beamed a light of hope in a year that was miserable. Now on RPG Backtrack, we celebrate Final Fantasy VII Remake with guests Josh, Jon, and Wheels.
This week on Q&A Quest, we discuss some of the games shown off at this year’s PAX East. We also discuss Resident Evil 4.
Chris comes at you live from a muscle relaxer as Kelley eats the clay cake topper. Johnathon goes to the past, becomes toothless, and loses his kingdom to his nephew, while Jason teaches us how to put wallpaper on the Switch.