Microsoft has announced a cheaper, disc-less version of the Xbox Series X, the Xbox Series S. The reveal of the consoles’ release date was followed swiftly by release date updates for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and The Falconeer.
RPGamer Round-Up: September 6 – September 13
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Minoria is part of the decade-long Momodora series and has come to consoles, bringing with it the series’ staples. Luis Mauricio Sánchez Vega joins a group of nuns faceing strange creatures and witches for the sake of Ramezia.
Our series providing audio-visual versions of our written content continues with Anna Marie Privitere’s review of Paper Mario: The Origami King on Nintendo Switch. Though the Paper Mario series has strayed from its more classic roots, there’s enough of a solid base to crease out a niche between action-platformer and RPG.
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius recently passed the fourth anniversary of its international release. RPGamer was given the opportunity to interview producers Kei Hirono and Hiroki Fujimoto about how they add new content and some of their future plans.
Hyrule Warriors getting a follow-up title isn’t too much of a surprise. What is a surprise is that the new game acts as a prequel to Breath of the Wild.
Larian Studios put out a new development update for Baldur’s Gate III. The update shows off the game’s flexible cameras, as well as multiplayer and streaming features during dialogues and events.
Black Legend is an upcoming tactical RPG heavily inspired by 17th-century folklore and stories from Belgium and the Netherlands. The game is expected to hit PC and consoles next year.
D3 Publisher and Felistella have announced action RPG Maglam Lord. Summon Night series writer Kei Miyakozuki is penning the game’s scenario, which follows a former demon lord as they look to forge powerful magic swords.
Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights is coming to PC and consoles this winter. The game stars the last surviving priestess in a world where strange rain turns people undead.
England-based developer Team Woodsalt is working on the time-warping RPG Woodsalt. The game will be available on Switch and PC this October.
Additional Selected Stories
- Developer stellarNull Announces Anuchard
- Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate Launching on PC, Switch in December
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister PAX Demo, Steam Early Access Date Announced
- No Place for Bravery Receiving PAX Online Demo
- Destiny’s Sword Gets New PAX Demo, Trailer
- Disgaea 4 Complete+ Arrives on PC
- Warsaw Heading to Consoles
- New Trailer Introduces Sacred Fire
- New Developer Established for Lords of the Fallen 2
- Sands of Salazar English Version Announced
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Trailer Highlights English Dub
- System Shock Gets Cyberspace Preview Trailer
- Seven Knights: Time Wanderer Gets New Details, Trailer
- Star Renegades Now Available on PC
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Trailer Shows Destructive Sorcery Class
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Out Now
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars Trailer Gives Gameplay Walkthrough
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars Now Available
- Wintermoor Tactics Club Established on Consoles
- The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Out Now
- RPG Maker MV Out Now on Consoles in North America
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (September 10, 2020)
This week in Q&A Quest the hosts discuss Final Fantasy Legend 2 and why people should play it. They also discuss some more Metal Max.
Anna Marie briefly stops by to tell us about what she’s been playing while recovering. The Xbox Series X has a price now, will the PlayStation 5 get one this week? Also, PAX is happening!