RPGamer Round-Up: December 15 – December 22
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a quick look back at some of the articles we’ve posted throughout the week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Please note that there will likely not be an update next week.
Editorial Content and Features
Sam Wachter has spent nearly fifty hours on Doraemon Story of Seasons and hasn’t completed it. However, she did find the time to provide an impression while wondering whether her journey with Doraemon and friends took a wrong turn.
Nihon Falcom has announced a new entry in the Trails series. Hajimari no Kiseki will follow three different main protagonists and come to Japan this summer, shortly after the series’ Crossbell saga hits the console.
In a follow-up to one of the year’s more surprising announcements, Sega has begun accepting sign-ups for the closed beta of Phantasy Star Online 2’s North American release. Those looking to participate will first need to sign up for the Xbox Insider Program.
Zeboyd Games has revealed that Cthulhu will indeed be able to save Christmas in time. The developer’s latest title will hit Steam on Monday.
Hack-and-slash roguelite Children of Morta will be getting plenty of updates in 2020. 11 bit studios and Dead Mage provided details on what those updates will include.
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Shows Isezaki Ijincho, More Jobs
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Bar Activities Detailed
Sega provided some more updates and footage from Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Screenshots show some of the different areas of Isezaki Ijincho as well as activities available for players to do at the bar, while new gameplay footage highlights available jobs, in multiple meanings of the word.
We still don’t have a release date, but Granblue Fantasy: Relink was present at this weekend’s Granblue Fantasy Fes 2019 event. Its appearance brought new screenshots, a new trailer, and ten minutes of four-player co-op gameplay.
Additional Selected Stories
- Monster Sanctuary Update Adds PvP
- Tainted Grail Gets First Trailers
- Haru Cuts Through Shadows in Persona 5 Scramble Trailer
- Makoto Rides into Persona 5 Scramble Trailer
- Morgana Introduces Persona 5 Scramble’s Sapporo
- Azur Lane: Crosswave to Launch in February
- Tales of Crestoria Gets Introduction Trailer
- Honkai Impact 3rd Heading to PC
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Gets New Character Screenshots
- Megaton Musashi Platforms Confirmed, New Teaser Trailer Released
- Grand Guilds Launching for PC, Switch in Early 2020
- Warhammer: Chaosbane Plunders the Tomb Kings on PC
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Opening Video
- Skellboy Hits Switch in January
- Arc of Alchemist Screenshots Introduce Trio of Characters
- Nintendo Teases New Song for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE’s Encore
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (December 19, 2019)
This week’s Q&A Quest features discussion on the best turn-based battle systems of all time. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross also come up in conversation.