RPGamer Round-Up: October 24 – October 31
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
When level grinding in an RPG grinds players to the ground, they shouldn’t beat themselves up for feeling beat down. Jason McFadden explains that players should know it’s okay to not finish a game and things like the five-hour rule can help start one that may otherwise seem risky.
Square Enix and tri-Ace unveiled a brand new Star Ocean game. Star Ocean: The Divine Force is heading to PC and consoles next year.
Composer Shoji Meguro has left Atlus. However, he will still be working with the company while he pursues his own development interests.
D3 Publisher and Felistella’s Maglam Lord is heading west. PQube will release the game in North America and Europe next year.
The fifth Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster releases in a couple of weeks. We’re now just waiting for one more.
Devolver Digital and WolfEye Studios’ Weird West has a January release date. Players will be able to venture through its dark fantasy version of the Wild West on PC and consoles.
The Tales series gets another brand new release very soon. Tales of Luminaria launches internationally for iOS and Android next week.
NIS America announced that The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails is arriving on PC in Japan this December. Western RPGamers will still need to wait until 2023 for its English release, however.
Action RPG Death’s Door is heading to additional platforms. RPGamers will able to chase down a soul thief on PS4, PS5, and Switch in November.
Other Selected Stories
- Blue Reflection: Second Light Demo Available Now
- 2124 Publishing Announced, Signs on Romancelvania
- Neostream Interactive Shows Little Devil Inside
- Guerrilla Details Horizon Forbidden West’s New Abilities
- New Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl Details Released
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus Trailer Introduces Hisuian Zorua, Zoroark
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Introduces Stabbomancer, Brr-Zerker Classes
- UnDungeon Releasing in November
- Monster Crown PS4, Xbox One Release Pushed Back
- Super Robot Wars 30 Second DLC Revealed
- Super Robot Wars 30 Out Now
- Osteoblasts Halloween Update Released
- The Hand of Merlin Update Brings the End Times
- Chernobylite Hunts Monsters in First Update
- Alchemic Cutie Hitting Steam in November
- Shin Megami Tensei V Shows the World in Ruins
- Triangle Strategy Shows Its Convictions
- Moonglow Bay Out Now
- Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars Out Now
- New Release Round-Up (October 28, 2021)
Kelley Ryan starts a new studio to make the darkest, hardest game ever. Josh explains why everyone hates JRPGs. And Chris wonders if he can use pencils as healing items.