RPGamer Round-Up: April 4 – April 11
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our readers might have missed.
Chop, chop, dig, dig! Are you ready to befriend cute animals and farm to your heart’s content? Sam Wachter checks out Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town and lives her farming fantasy.
Mistwalker’s experienced development team casts a magic spell with Fantasian. Jason McFadden finds that the game proves that a console-like RPG not only works on a mobile platform, but also sets a new high standard.
Square Enix announced a July console release date for NEO: The World Ends with You, as well as a PC version. The announcement and trailer come with plenty of new information about players’ return to the Shibuya Underground.
BioWare provided lots of details on some of the adjustments being made to the original trilogy as part of the Mass Effect Legendary Edition release. The majority of changes affect the first game, though the other two also received some important tweaks.
Grinding Gear Games held a new presentation for Path of Exile. The presentation includes a new look at Path of Exile 2 and the reveal of the newest expansion, Ultimatum.
Edge of Eternity finally has a full release date. After over two years in Early Access, the PC version will launch in June, with console versions to follow later this year.
Our friend and colleague at RPGFan, Leona McCallum, has released the first part of her Fire Emblem-inspired RPG, Immortal Saga. The game offers a compelling story about a young lord’s quest for justice.
RPGamer’s ad hoc Kickstarter Check-In feature returns for a look at an ongoing crowdfunding campaign. This edition features Hibernian Workshop’s 2D roguelite Astral Ascent.
Other Selected Stories
- Children of Morta’s Family Trials Update Now Available
- The Elder Scrolls Online Next-Gen Console Versions Launching in June
- Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha Detailed
- Highrisers Heads to Steam in May
- Infinite Adventures Arriving on Switch This Month
- Aron’s Adventure Released for PC
- The Slormancer Launching on Steam Early Access This Week
- Quinterra Now Available on Steam Early Access
- Level-5 Provides Inazuma Eleven Update
- Atelier Online Heading West
- Genshin Impact Heading to PlayStation 5
- SaGa Frontier Remastered Gets Eight-Minute Introduction Video
- Magic: Legends Introduces Dimir Assassin
- The Caligula Effect 2 Gets More Japanese Media
- Wizardry VA Gets Teaser Trailer
- New Release Round-Up (April 8, 2021)
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss this year’s April Fools’ jokes. We also discuss Persona 2.
It took three years for Sega to finally release Yakuza 5 in the west. RPGamer’s Yakuza aficionados Joshua Carpenter, David McBurney, Ryan McCarthy, and Sam Wachter weigh in on whether the game fulfilled any dreams, or was the stuff of nightmares.
It’s just the core trio this week, as Chris tosses a coin to his hunting horn partner Kelley, and Anna Marie rolls her eyes as Chris cracks terrible jokes about what the Vita really means. We all consider MiHoYo’s bottom line, as well as whether we’re classified as normies.