Kickstarter Check-In: Romancelvania

The Deep End Games has begun a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for Romancelvania. The game is a parody action RPG combining Metroidvanias and dating sims.

Romancelvania puts players in the role of playboy vampire Drac, who is roped by the Grim Reaper into participating in a reality dating show with the promise to rebuild Drac’s castle. He recruits the most eligible monsters from across Transylvania, getting them to move into his party mansion, while defeating all of the foes he encounters along the way.

The game’s balance is geared to be around 80% combat, with the other 20% focusing on building relationships and Drac’s castle, though the hub structure will let players spend more time in either section. Drac primarily uses his spear “The Impaler”, but players can “mate” it with others to form new weapons.

The Deep End Games is looking for $200k in funding for Romancelvania, with the campaign set to run until November 13, 2020. Those who pledge at least $29 will receive a digital copy of the game, which is being developed for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch and is currently expected to launch in 2022. Physical copies of the game are also planned in partnership with Limited Run Games.


Please note that RPGamer’s crowdfunding coverage is solely at staff discretion. Campaigns may send a press release to, but are asked to please not personally petition RPGamer staff via e-mail or social networking. Coverage is not guaranteed. Thank you!


Alex Fuller

Alex joined RPGamer in 2011 as a Previewer before moving onto Reviews, News Director, and Managing Editor. Became Acting Editor-in-Chief in 2018.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply