RPGamer Round-Up: May 31 – June 6
Welcome to the latest edition of RPGamer’s round-up column, where we take a look back at some of the articles that we have posted over the previous week. This article is designed to help give reminders of some interesting content and stories that our less regular visitors might have missed.
Rune Factory 4 Special comes to the Nintendo Switch seven years after its original 3DS release. Matt Masem finds how the game translates with one less screen to work with.
A brand new Dungeon Defenders game gives players more hybrid tower defense and RPG action. Though Chromatic Games certainly has the gameplay nailed down, the success of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened looks likely to depend on its future support.
Pascal Tekaia discovers that though it’s light on interactivity, Old Gods Rising manages to infuse at least a bit of puzzle solving into its exploration of a creepy, deserted university campus. The combination of cheeky humor with a Lovecraftian mystery further adds to its charm.
itch.io has created a massive charity bundle where people can pick up over 740 projects while putting money towards a good cause. The bundle include numerous RPGs including Minit, Signs of the Sojourner, and many more.
The Pokémon Company provided a release date for the first part of Pokémon Sword and Shield’s Expansion Pass. It also provided new details about what players will find on the Isle of Armor this month, as well as in the Crown Tundra later in the year.
THQ Nordic has confirmed leaks of a Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning remaster. The remastered version of the 2012 original will arrive on PC and current-generation consoles this summer.
Grinding Gear Games’ newest expansion for Path of Exile hits this month. Harvest looks to change up the game’s usual reward system by giving players the chance to craft their own powerful items, while doing a spot of gardening.
Compile Heart’s VVVtunia is coming west under the title Neptunia Virtual Stars. The game, which sees the Goddesses of Gamindustri team up with VTubers, will launch on PS4 next year.
The Missions and Monsters expansion is coming to tactical RPG Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark this month. As its title hints, it will let players recruit monsters and send their recruits out on missions.
Chibig has provided a release date for its farming adventure RPG Summer in Mara. The game will launch on PC, Mac, and Switch very soon.
Additional Selected Stories
- Tower of Time Coming to Consoles This Month
- Tales of Crestoria Release Pushed Back Further
- The Revenant Prince Announced for Summer Release
- Signs of the Sojourner Free Prologue Released
- Banner of the Maid Heading to Consoles in 2020
- Mary Skelter Finale Delayed in Japan
- The Unliving Rises Toward Life, Gets Reveal Trailer
- Legends of Ellaria Full Release Set for Q3 2020
- The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki Gets New Trailer
- The Third Wasteland 3 Developer Diary Talks Choice
- Death end re;Quest 2 Gets Summer Release Window, Opening Movie
- Fairy Tail Gets Plenty of Gameplay Footage
- Level-5 Debuts Yo-kai Watch Jam Trailer
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Trailer Shows Customisation
- The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes Receives Pre-Launch Screenshots
- Digital Store Weekly Round-Up (June 4, 2020)
This week in Q&A Quest, Matt Masem guest stars again to talk about quests and dragons. The panel also discusses Dandy Dungeon.
With many media events getting pushed back, the news is a little trim this week. But the RPG Cast still managed to pull together our basket of zany personalities for a podcast we hope brings a smile to your face.