Theatrhythm Final Bar Line Gets More Screenshots
Square Enix released some additional screenshots for rhythm title Theatrhythm Final Bar Line. The new screenshots show some of the additional titles’ music appearing in the game, including Final Fantasy spin-offs Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Dissidia Final Fantasy. The images also show the “museum” feature, where players can check out their collections, unlocked videos and music tracks, records, and accomplishments, plus a screen option designed to provide info to players and their audience if streaming.
Square Enix also confirmed characters appearing in the game from multiple titles in the Final Fantasy series:
- Final Fantasy II — Firon, Minwu, Leon, Maria, Guy, The Emperor
- Final Fantasy IV — Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rose, Edge, Golbez
- Final Fantasy VI — Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Mog, Kefka
- Final Fantasy VIII — Squall, Rinoa, Seifer, Laguna, Edea, Ultimecia
- Final Fantasy Mystic Quest — Benjamin
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles — Ciaran
- Dissidia Final Fantasy — Cosmos, Chaos
- Dissidia Final Fantasy -Arcade- — Materia, Spiritus
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line marks the first time the series will be available on home consoles and will feature similar gameplay to previous entries in the music-based spin-off franchise. Final Bar Line will feature 385 tracks pulled from throughout the Final Fantasy franchise as well as two-player couch co-op and up to four-player online rhythm battles. Additional tracks from other franchises such as NieR, SaGa, Octopath Traveler, Live A Live, and Chrono Trigger will be available as part of the Digital Deluxe Edition, with further tracks to be released as DLC. Theatrhythm Final Bar Line is in development for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 and planned to launch on February 16, 2023.