|THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL|
· Most Anticipated RPGs
· Indie Submissions
· Release Dates
· Message Forums
· Staff Bios
· Jobs Listing
· Level Grinding
· An Hour to Impress
· Player vs. Player
· Saving Throw
· RPG Elements
|Staff letter #1|
Hey Slimey, got a few questions for ya.
1. Regarding Final Fantasies 1-8, do you think the games have gotten worse since the start, or better, and why?
2. What is so special about the Phantasy Star series? What separates it from the pack?
3. Does Aya move as slowly in Parasite Eve II as she did in the original? That's the primary reason I stopped playing, the pace was slow enough without it.
4. Have you ever notice that while people are constantly complaining about Aeris not being Aerith, that they've missed one aspect: the prononciation? Aeris should be pronounced "Iris", which fits perfectly with the flowers. Just a thought.
|Staffer Question #2|
* So -- FF9 is almost upon us. When do you think we're going to start
getting more info on FF10? And do you think that the Final Fantasy
franchise has pretty much run its course, given the proliferation of
* Am I the only one that misses the days where an RPG would come out once every quarter, rather than every other week? *eyes stack of Unfinished Games wearily*
* Are you as tired of the never-ending console wars as I am? Why can't people just calm down and realize that different systems do different things well?
* Looking at some of the games I've played recently, I'm realizing more and more that game developers draw on all sorts of myths and legends to really give their games some depth. There's Xenogears, with its amazing religious symbolism; Valkyrie Profile, which is very Nordic, etc, etc. Do you think that games should do this, especially when they're trying to conjure a fantasy feel to them? Personally, I think that it's fun chasing down all the references, but I know people who think that developers should make up their own worlds rather than draw on myths we already have.
|Mythri is spiffy|
I was wondering some things, so I wrote a list.
1) You have any luck finding programmers for your game?
2) What's up with Mythri? RPGamer seems pretty chummy with the Mythri team.
3) Have you seen Evangelion? I don't remember if you said or not. How about Please Save My Earth or Key: The Metal Idol? What about X? They're all filled with happy metaphoric goodness!
That's all, have a nice day
"I don't try unless I know."
The Last Laugh:
Short late column. Sorry. On the other hand, I printed nothing but multiparters, so this is really more questions than you normally get. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. Oh, and I will print quickies if they're printable, but again, I'd prefer some lengthy stuff.
There's your rad comic, and here is a Guifá one. Darn, didn't get to pick my games up after all. Oh well, I can get'em tomorrow.
Googleshng "Long Day" @rpgamer.com
Off I go!
|© 1998-2015 RPGamer All Rights Reserved|