Some new characters take the stage in Namco and Monolith Soft's upcoming RPG Baten Kaitos II.
Among them are:
- Geena, mother of Zagi, the game’s main character, and
caretaker of a full orphanage. Geena is a loving, gentle lady who
takes very good care of all the children. However, when
necessary, she can be extremely strict.
- Wacho and Chik, a pair of orphans who get along with each
other really well. Wacho plays the part of the older
brother and is usually very responsible.
- Jackomo, an assassin charged with capturing Zagi for his
suspected crime of killing the emperor. Jackomo is the
leader of the royal assassins. He may only be 13, but
he’s skilled enough to best any other assassin.
- Lolo, an archaeologist who will help Zagi and his friends on their
- Almarde, who returns from Baten Kaitos
Also revealed is the Coliseum, where players
can battle to earn rare Magnus. Players will fight a
certain number of battles in a row, all with the same
Magnus. The more battles players win, the higher their
rank, and the higher their rank, the rarer the items that can
Baten Kaitos II is currently on track for release in Japan on February 22, with a North American localization announcement still pending. When and if that happens, we'll keep you informed.