New details have been released for Star Ocean 4, and it seems, so far, as if Square-Enix and tri-Ace are trying to find a delicate balance between old and new.
- It has been announced that SO4 will be released for only one platform, but exactly which one remains unknown.
- This game will live up to its title more than past games in the series by allowing the player to pilot a spaceship and travel to different worlds.
- The story is finished and will have a slightly different setting than Star Ocean 3 but it will not be so different that characters from past games will not be able to return.
- There will be more than just a few planets in the galaxy this time around.
- The heroine's name will be Reimi and the hero's name will be Edge Maverick.
- You will be able to have five members in your party (including you, the player) and the battle system will not be the same as the one featured in SO3.
- Private Actions will be back.
More details will be revealed soon after the release of Star Ocean: First Departure and Star Ocean: Second Evolution, the remakes of Star Oceans 1 & 2.