In the NPD Group sales charts for the week of July 29th to August 4th, Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo II expansion, Lord of Destruction, is still in first place, a space it has occupied since its release. The original Diablo II also remains on the charts at seventh place.
The entire list of games and their publishers on the July 29th to August 4th NPD sales chart are:
- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - Vivendi Universal
- Max Payne - God Games
- The Sims - Electronic Arts
- The Sims: House Party - Electronic Arts
- The Sims Livin' Large - Electronic Arts
- Roller Coaster Tycoon - Infogrames
- Diablo II - Vivendi Universal
- Flight Simulator 2000 - Microsoft
- MechCommander 2 - Microsoft
- Age of Empires II: Age of Kings - Microsoft
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction is Blizzard Entertainment's sixth game to pass the one million (U.S.) dollar mark in sales. Diablo II and its expansion continue the storyline of the three prime evils, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal.